Information that will change our lives!

Thanks for the info @jdebari :grinning: :grinning:

I’m currently located in Thousand Oaks, California.

I am looking to transfer into to the world of UI/UX design. I graduated with a bachelors in Media Arts and Animation.Currently, I am new to the world of UX. I work at a grocery store and am dying to get a job where I can utilize my artistic capabilities and communication skills.

My current challenges are just being new to learning about UI/UX and how to build my portfolio. I am currently taking courses on both Coursera and Udemy but wouldn’t know where to go from there. Looking to network and build lasting connections.

What I love about UX design from what I have learned is being able to understand user behavior and know what users are looking for in a product/service so that it can be enhanced.Human behavior and psychology has always interested me. I admire the improvement and innovation aspect of UX and how it challenges me to see the world in a different way. It inspires me to see the potential for what could be and not just for where it stands right now. It’s not only problem-focused but also solution-based.

I’m team cats despite being allergic to them. I was chased by a dog once and I hate barking.

• Where in the world are you? Orlando, Florida, USA
  • What stage of your career are you at? I am a beginner.
  • What are you current challenges? I am very confused and lost as to what I should learn and do.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? The psychological aspect behind a design.
  • Cats or dogs? Why not both?
  • Where in the world are you? Philadelphia, PA for now.

• What stage of your career are you at? I finished a bootcamp earlier this year. I am now doing the job search dance and working on a few freelance projects.

• What are you current challenges? Making time to explore all the questions I have! And not knowing what I don’t know.

• What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I’m interested in identifying the universal threads of human behavior. I love that you can apply UX concepts to literally anything. I also really like taking a bunch of information, analyzing it, and creating something new (and then iterating)

• Cats or dogs? I have a dog that acts like a cat about 50% of the time, and I think she’s perfect. So both.

• Where in the world are you?
    Atlanta
  • What stage of your career are you at?
    Senior Designer
  • What are you current challenges?
    Have been working primarily in print for the last 5 years, despite previous experience as Web Designer, Front-End Developer and Animator. Need to completely rehab my portfolio. Don’t have specific experience in UX/UI beyond Web Design.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Love finding simple, intuitive solutions to complex issues, that are also visually beautiful. Believe strongly in equal access for people of all backgrounds.
  • Cats or dogs?
    Cats, natch.

Hello everyone!

Where in the world are you?
Cape Town, South Africa

I still have a lot to learn! I’m extremely experienced when it comes to designing flows, wireframes, UI, running usability studies as well as qualitative interviews. So I am senior in that aspect…

• What are your current challenges?
    I have not had much experience with practicing Design Thinking methods and I am quite insecure about that TBH. I am also finding it challenging to create my portfolio. I have just gone freelance full time and it’s quite a nerve wracking experience (but exciting!).

I really enjoy speaking to users and uncovering gold nuggets of insight and witnessing my prototypes being used by real users to get a reality check :slight_smile:

• Cats or dogs?
    Dogs X1000000

Thank you so much! Really appreciate your suggestion, I will check it out! :sun_with_face:

Hi,

US
    Currently working on my small business
  • What are your current challenges?
    I want my income back to normal.
    I want the applications easier to use.
  • Cats or dogs?
    Dogs

Hi everyone,
I’m new here! I discovered UX Mastery in my research of portfolios to reference. About me:

• Where in the world are you? California
  • What stage of your career are you at? Needing to decide if I want to if I want to creative direct or product lead
  • What are you current challenges? See previous response
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I am passionate about figuring out solutions to user problems and the UI element of UX. They’re both equally exciting for me.
  • Cats or dogs? Dogs

I agree. Thank you for the welcome and for the feedback.

Hello everybody!

My names Zach and i’m currently undergoing the challenge of transitioning careers into UX. I’ve been “lurking” here for the past couple months or so and finally thought i’d post and introduce myself. I look forward to getting to know fellow users and digesting this communities vast knowledge as I take on this new challenge.

Cheers!

-Currently in Fort Worth, TX with plans on moving to NYC later this year.

-Just starting out. I’m enrolled in DesignLab’s “Foundations” course with plans to enter their full-time “UX Academy” in March.

• What are you current challenges?
    -Everything? Ha! Mostly i’m working on improving my capabilities with Figma. I think having a firm grasp on the design tool’s abilities will be imperative to my future success.

• What aspect/s of UX are you passionate about?
    -I really like the Research aspect of UX. With a background in education and personal interests in psychology I enjoy figuring out the “why” reasons people do the things they do.

• Cats or dogs?
    -I’ve always been strictly in the Dog camp but have recently taken a liking to cats as well. So… both? I welcome all animals and critters :slight_smile:

Thanks @jdebari!

I’ll keep that in mind moving ahead :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Hi everyone,
I’m very excited to be part of the community and happy to answer the quick questions to share a little intro:

• Where in the world are you? St. Louis, MO
  • What stage of your career are you at? Currently freelancing but now looking up to join in-house team.
  • What are you current challenges? I’d like to learn more about different remote testing techniques
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I enjoy collaborate with designers setting up workshops for the discovery phase of new projects and seeing the projects evolving with each findings.
  • Cats or dogs? :dog:

Montreal, Canada!

What stage of your career are you at?
Graduated with a bachelors of arts and science (major in cognitive science, minor in economics) from McGill University almost 2 years ago and became a lead technician at a tech company that worked in entertainment but got laid off because of covid. Started studying UX in August 2020 and am now just finishing up with CareerFoundry’s UX Design immersion course and starting my specialization in front end design

What are you current challenges?
Creating my portfolio, finishing my first UX project and setting up my case study, networking during a pandemic, and finding a job :smiley:

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Design ethics and user research (ie. how applying cognitive science principles to design can have an impact on the overall experience)

Cats or dogs?
tough choice but ill have to go with cats

Hi everyone!

Barcelona, Spain

Currently, looking for an in-house job. After 2 years of freelancing I miss the feeling of being part of a team.

What are you current challenges?
Sleep more and better

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
I love the idea of never achieving perfection. For me, people have always been like walking-books. I like to learn about what do they aim for and value, detect design opportunities, make them real, test them and start again :laughing:

Cats or dogs?
Dogs! I love both but I have allergy to cat’s hair

Hi! Hello to everyone!

• Where in the world are you? Italy
  • What stage of your career are you at? I am UX designer with focus on market analysis and strategy.
  • What are you current challenges? Hooke clients and build my personal brand
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I love all the aspects of UX/UI, and I really want to create strongly connection between brands and people in order to built a valuable and empathic bond based on micro-data analysis.
  • Cats or dogs? Totally Dog addicted ;D

I hope to help many people in this group with mi skills, give feedback loop on their design, and built emotional connections with all people wants.

Cures for major diseases, personalized medicine, advancements in genetic engineering, or radical lifespan extension could dramatically reshape society.

• There are a number of resources for remote UX positions. I can’t share specific links, but searching for “[remote UX design jobs]” or using platforms like Remote.co , NoDesk , or LinkedIn with remote filters can be helpful.

Bangalore, India

3 years experience in content, brand and product marketing

What are your current challenges?
Understand what sort of content UX professionals would like

What aspect/s of UX are you passionate about?
The strategic and business impact it has on business goals and revenue

Cats or dogs?
:100: dog person!

CRISPR technology holds promise for correcting genetic diseases and even potentially treating cancers.