Information that will change our lives!

Welcome to the forum @Stacey!
There are bootcamps if you want guided help. You could self study which can be hard when you don’t know what you don’t know. Read through the articles here and it will give you a lay of the land.

Good luck!

Welcome @johnclarck!

Where are you in your UX journey?

thanks @jdebari I’ve just completed the Career Foundry UX course and it was amazing, but it’s pretty scary to be ‘let out into the world of UX’

I’ve been given a community redesign project and I’m super excited but hope I can do justice for them!

1. Where in the world are you?
    Accra, Ghana
  2. What stage of your career are you at?
    Am Web Developer and Graphic Designer
  3. What are your current challenges?
    The Learning Curve of becoming a great UX designer as a beginner
    What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Human Behaviour and Designing a product for fulfilling user wants and needs
    Cats or dogs? Dogs

There is no option to change usernames, please how do I do it?

Welcome to the forum @WILL_I_AM!

Please check out the various boot camp threads for information about schooling if you’re interested. Don’t worry about being great at first. It takes years of practice. :grin:

I’m in Lansdale, Pennsylvania, usa
I’m a design expert and artist, working with hubby/partner at Waterman Design Solutions.
Current challenges are lack of funding and the need for an account manager. We are designers first and lack the connections to enterprise level clients. We’ve worked with big ones like Motorola, StubHub and Pfizer. Would love to connect with project managers and UX leaders to make better connections.
I am passionate about our methodology when it comes to UX. Empathy drives design at all times.
More of a dog person :slight_smile: but we have birds too! My yellow naped Amazon parrot is 30 years old this year!

• Where in the world are you?
    Toronto,Canada
  • What stage of your career are you at?
    Freelance designer at Upwork.
  • What are you current challenges?
    Become a UX designer in Google.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    Human Computer Interaction
  • Cats or dogs?
    dogs

Welcome, to the forum @terriwaterman! Can’t wait to see your contributions with your knowledge!

Welcome to the forum @Tatevik!

Google hires a lot of contractors for design. Try getting in that way.

Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much for worm welcome !!! Have a fruitful week !!!

• Where in the world are you? India
  • What stage of your career are you at? User Experience Architect and still learning
  • What are you current challenges? Try to find a forum to discuss on usability issues that perplexes me and look at the world’s view on things
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? Conceptualizing and finding design solutions to complex business problems
  • Cats or dogs? Dogs any day… All the cats forgive me

Welcome to the forum @George_Mathew_K!

Sounds like you should start a new thread on general usability issues. :grinning:
I would also check out a new book by Scott Berkun called How Design Makes the World.

*** Where in the world are you?**
Spain.
*** What stage of your career are you at?**
Mid level product designer.
*** What are you current challenges?**
IOT and Car connectivity.
*** What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?**
Find visual solutions.
*** Cats or dogs?**
Dogs.

Where in the world are you?
England, Liverpool.

What stage of your career are you at?
3 years in my last design job and 1 year in my current UX role

What are your current challenges?
Working on self confidence and presentation skills as well as
learning to share more of my knowledge online.

What aspect/s of UX are you passionate about?
Story telling, defining outcomes and visual design - with nod towards typography.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs. I have the cutest little Border Terrier called Olly, who thinks he’s a human.

Hello all you creative beings!

So happy to be part of this online community!

Teeny, tiny little Adelaide, Australia (we’re the city that punches above our belt and looks good while doing it too!)

Having become uninspired with my previous career as (art director, designer etc) I’m transitioning over into the world of digital, and surprisingly loving every aspect of it. Hoping to be contributing creatively as a working UX/UI designer by the end this year.

My ever-expanding Trello boards! There is so much content to absorb, digest and apply, that it can all become rather overwhelming. Currently, halfway through a graduate cert in UX/UI so I’m looking forward to completing that soon.

Definitely the aspects of interface design and problem-solving; and how people/users engage with content. It’s interesting to see how as users of multiple devices we have become increasingly impatient, low-tolerant whilst equally demanding of high-quality content. Makes our job challenging and rewarding at the same time.

*Cats or dogs?
Dog, 100% and we’re talking ‘real’ dogs here, none of that poodle, schnoodle, cavoodle nonsense :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

• Where in the world are you? I am based on the Sunshine Coast, Australia.
  • What stage of your career are you at? New to UX, have 20 years of experience in psychology research and clinical psychology practice; mainly anxiety disorders.
  • What are you current challenges? Working out how to transition into UX research.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I enjoy research, working with people and discovering their thoughts, behaviours, etc. Just wanting to do this from a UX perspective.
  • Cats or dogs? Either or an aquarium.
  • Where in the world are you? - Bangalore, India
  • What stage of your career are you at? - professional UI developer
  • What are you current challenges? - UI developer to UX designer
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? - UX research/ Ux design / Product design
  • Cats or dogs? - Dogs
    [/quote]

Brighton, UK
Live event organiser of 20 years, virtual events 3 years
Pivoting from physical interactions to online experiences
Simplicity and joy in design
Cats or dogs?
Dogs!

Istanbul, Turkey
Lawyer at its first year
Learning UX from stratch
persuasion, simplicity and ux writing
Cats or dogs?
Dogs!