I hope you are all doing great.
I am writing you because I would like to have some expert’s advise about how to start a new project. I am a junior UX designer, and so far I’ve been conducting user research for design agencies, and now I got a project opportunity from a client (he is also a friend of mine) that wants to improve his app.
- The app is related to books (buying, selling, sharing…)
- The team has performed several iterations for the app.
- There is a developer and a UI designer working on it.
- They have a high-fidelity prototype.
- They already have coded a big part of it (there are some features and parts of the app that are not coded yet).
- There are small differences between the coded version and the prototype.
- I don’t have information about users, because there aren’t users yet.
- I don’t know exactly where/what the problems are, but he told me about some parts that could possibly lead users to confusion.
- He wants me to see how can we improve the app.
- I will work on it 2 days a week during three weeks.
How do you start working? Do you do an heuristic analysis of the app, or a test? How would you approach it? Would you start only testing only one flow?
Do you have recommendations on how to start projects like that? What kind of workflow would you recommend given the time that I have?
Thanks a lot for your help!