I have no money to pay a course. Can you help me?

Hey, I’m a Graphic Designer that wants to start a career in UX/UI Design. I have few money to spend for this new project so I start to search a course on Udemy that I think is always the best. Can you help me to chose one course between these two that I have selected?

The first one is shorter with few topics —> Master Digital Product Design: UX Research & UI Design (if you search it on Udemy)

The second one is very long. Is it important to you to know also Html, Css, Cms… to start a career in this field? —> UX & Web Design Master Course: Strategy, Design, Development (if you search it on Udemy)

Can you please help me to understand which one is the best for you?
Thank you!

Where do you live?

see if the government has any education scheme going through any colleges.

It sounds like they are trying to pad out a course or rebrand a web design course as UX.

I spent a lot of time in web design and front end development before switching to UX. Having a front-end dev background has helped me to get a lot of jobs but those jobs tend to be hybrid roles UX design + dev. If you don’t already have those skills then focus on the UX and not on side skills. i am ow in a role where I was hired in-part because of my dev experience but only really because I can understand what our dev teams are talking about. I don’t touch HTML and CSS at all now I am in a pure UX job.

1 Like

Hey @Sibj since you are already a graphic designer, the transition to UX will be easier for you, as opposed to someone starting from scratch.

With reference to knowledge about HTML, CSS and CMS, I would say that those are no longer necessary. In the early days of web design, these skills were necessary. As a UX designer, the scope of work now is much more vast and includes sub-specializations such as User Researcher, Information Architect, etc.

Here are some articles that offer in-depth answers to some of your questions:

All these articles are from the literature section of The Interaction Design Foundation (IxDF), and you can find several more insightful articles to help you understand UX design (for free).

I do understand that finances are an issue, but if it is possible for you, perhaps you may want to consider a membership with IxDF. The platform has over 30 courses that cover different aspects of UX design. Since UX Mastery is an approved Educational Partner of the IxDF, you can even avail of a 25% discount on your first year of membership. To do so, you can sign-up here.

I hope this helps, and best wishes to you :slight_smile:

1 Like