Hunt for the control name


I’m building a design system for our products. In one application, we use a control that I can’t name. It’s a context layer that I can pull over the contents and temporarily hide it. Apple Maps mobile app uses the same control (in the pic). I wasn’t able to find how Apple calls this control (I can’t find it in the Human Interface Guidelines). What would you call it?

Thank you!

Hi, @Adela_Kovarova Welcome to the community!

I believe this is called the Bottom Sheet or Bottom Drawer. From what I understand, this isn’t a standard Apple component (although I may be out of date here). I searched for it online, and only found tutorials for how to create this component through code. Here’s one using SwiftUI (on YouTube). I do not understand this level of programming, so not sure if this is helpful.