How to start working as UI/UX freelancer?

Hi,
I’m a UI/UX developer but I’ve been unemployed for a few months. I started freelancing on Upwork and Fiverr but it is not easy to get a job there. Anyone can guide me how to start career as freelance UI/UX developer where I can get job for sure.

8 Likes

Hi.
I found that you’re an Indian. I suggest you visit gig4u - an Indian freelance website. I’m also an active freelancer on this platform and in my opinion, the platform has many opportunities for the freelancer. I recently find many openings available for freelance developers, writers, designers and marketers.
Also, the platform is easy to operate,
create and account, place a bid on jobs according to your skills and wait for client’s response. I believe you can get the job easily if you’ve skills and matches with job requirements.
Easy, right? Yes, the platform is secure and reliable.
Hope this help you with your career. I’d be more than happy if you’ve more query.

4 Likes

I would let your professional network know you’re available if you haven’t already. The majority of freelance work I get is either from past full-time employers, past clients, or references from one of those via LinkedIn. Actively reach out, post that you are doing freelance.

Look for tech meetups and user groups in your area (even if they are doing remote sessions now). It’s a great way for people to vet each other for later projects. Offer to present on a topic. This can be good for business groups too, you can present on various UX topics directly to a potential client base. These groups are always looking for presenters.

I rarely take clients that didn’t come from one of those sources, and rarely ones that I haven’t met before. It helps skip the slow initial back-and-forth of portfolio requests, etc that cost a lot of unpaid time.

Sites like Upwork are fine, and they take care of some of the busy work like payments and contracts, but for a huge cut. Plus, their systems push you to start out too low price-wise to get initial reviews. A better option is to hunt around for contracting companies that you can sub-contract for. They’ll act as the project manager and handle the account management, and pay much better up front than an Upwork. Look through the Stack Overflow (SO) jobs site to find these type of companies. They may not post UX work on SO, but they use SO heavily so it’s a good place to build a list of contract companies.

5 Likes

Hi.
Since you are planning to start your career as UI?UX freelancer, I recommend that you go to ui ux design courses, & I’m also a freelancer & I started learning from this platform, and in my opinion, it has a lot of different courses for freelancers. I recently discovered many courses for freelance developers, writers, designers, and marketers.
Moreover, the platform is simple to use. Search for DIgital Academy 360 UI/UX design courses

2 Likes

I seldom ever accept customers who won’t work from those sites or whom I haven’t already met. It aids in avoiding the lengthy, rear showcase inquiries at the beginning that wastes a considerable amount of unpaid labor.

2 Likes

How to Find Work as a UX Freelancer
Broadcast that you are open for business. Make sure you have an updated portfolio and personal site. …
Start small. Your reputation is everything. …
Build your network. …
Stay on job boards. …
Don’t burn out - outsource the work when you need it. For more information please visit https://dgaps.com

2 Likes

I’ve become really good friends with the owners of a local marketing agency in my area. Whenever they are overloaded with work, they typically refer the client to me. I’ve gotten at least 1 client a month from them for a few years now and typically most return for recurring work. Hope this helps!

2 Likes

I’ve been wondering this too! I’ve gotten paid freelance writing work but I am trying to break into the UX field too. Right now I am doing 4 unpaid opportunities - that is probably one way so that you can expand your portfolio, since that’s important. You may have to take unpaid/volunteer things to get started. I’d love to connect with you because I recently started a startup (one of my unpaid opportunities), working with 6 other designers. (Who knows, maybe it’ll result in pay eventually down the line.) We’d love to have a developer join the team since we’re nearing the start of the development process. Feel free to connect with me on LinkedIn ~ Victoria Ryan Lank. I can’t put links in my post apparently so you can just search my name on there.

3 Likes

It’s excellent information, especially for Indians…

2 Likes

# Unlocking the Power of SEO: Tips and Techniques for Improved Website Visibility

SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, which is the practice of optimizing a website or online content to improve its visibility and ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). SEO involves various techniques, such as keyword research, on-page optimization, link building, and content creation, to improve a website’s relevance and authority in the eyes of search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. The goal of SEO is to increase organic (non-paid) traffic to a website, resulting in higher engagement, leads, and conversions. SEO is an important digital marketing strategy used by businesses and individuals to increase their online presence and reach their target audience.

Here are some SEO tips to help improve your website’s visibility and ranking on search engines:

1. Conduct keyword research: Identify the keywords and phrases that your target audience is searching for and integrate them into your website’s content, including titles, headers, and meta descriptions.

2. Optimize website structure and navigation: Make sure your website is well-organized, easy to navigate, and has a clear hierarchy of pages.

3Use descriptive URLs: Create URLs that are short, easy to read, and include relevant keywords.

1. Focus on quality content: Create high-quality, original content that provides value to your audience and is relevant to your industry or niche.

2. Use header tags: Use header tags (H1, H2, H3, etc.) to structure your content and make it easier for search engines to understand the hierarchy and relevance of your pages.

3. Optimize images: Use descriptive filenames and alt tags to optimize your images for search engines.

4. Build quality backlinks: Create high-quality, relevant backlinks from reputable websites in your industry or niche.

5. Make your website mobile-friendly: Ensure that your website is optimized for mobile devices, as more and more people are using their mobile devices to browse the web.

6. Use social media: Promote your website and content on social media to drive traffic and build backlinks.

7. Monitor your analytics: Use tools like Google Analytics to monitor your website’s performance and identify areas for improvement.

Take our free service

1 Like

The dashboard design is not just a beautiful visualization. It is a natural and easy way to show the most crucial information: - Products are grouped into product lines to help you track important KPIs for different business segments or products related to a particular process.

If you’re looking to become a UI/UX freelancer, the first step is to create a portfolio of your work so potential clients can get a sense of your design and user experience skills. You can also create an online profile on websites that specialize in connecting freelancers with job opportunities. Additionally, it’s important to familiarize yourself with the UI/UX design process and best practices, as well as stay up-to-date on new trends in the industry. Finally, don’t forget to market yourself and create a strong presence on social media to reach more potential clients. Good luck!

1 Like

If you want to start working as a UI/UX freelancer, here are some steps you can take:

1. Build your skills: You should have a strong understanding of user interface (UI) and user experience (UX) design principles. You can start by learning the basics of design software like Sketch, Adobe XD, or Figma. There are also many online courses and tutorials available that can help you improve your skills.
  2. Create a portfolio: Showcase your work by creating a portfolio website that highlights your design skills and experience. You can use this website to display your projects, case studies, and testimonials from clients.
  3. Find clients: There are many online platforms that connect freelancers with clients. Some popular options include Upwork, Freelancer, and Fiverr. You can also network with other professionals in the industry, attend events, or reach out to potential clients directly.
  4. Set your rates: Determine how much you want to charge for your services. Research the rates of other freelancers in your area or on online platforms to get an idea of what to charge.
  5. Deliver high-quality work: Once you have a client, make sure you understand their requirements and deliver high-quality work that meets their needs. Communication is key in ensuring that your client is happy with the final product.
  6. Get feedback: Ask your clients for feedback on your work. This will help you improve your skills and provide better service to future clients.

Remember, starting out as a freelancer can be challenging, but with persistence and hard work, you can build a successful career in UI/UX design.

This is very straight forward,I guess will be helpful

1 Like

Starting to work as a UI/UX freelancer can be an exciting and challenging journey. Here are some steps that you can take to start your career as a UI/UX freelancer:

1. Develop your skills and knowledge: As a UI/UX freelancer, it is important to have a strong foundation of design principles, user experience, and user interface design. You can develop these skills by taking online courses, attending workshops, and reading industry blogs and books.
  2. Build your portfolio: As you develop your skills, start building your portfolio with projects that showcase your design skills and creativity. You can create personal projects or collaborate with friends, family, or small businesses to create designs that demonstrate your abilities.
  3. Network and market yourself: Attend design conferences, join local design groups, and connect with other designers online to network and gain exposure. Create a website or social media accounts to showcase your portfolio and skills, and start building a brand for yourself.
  4. Find clients: Start looking for clients by reaching out to your network, applying to job postings, and joining freelance platforms like Upwork or Fiverr. Be sure to tailor your proposals to the specific needs of each client and demonstrate how you can add value to their project.
  5. Set your rates and terms: Determine your hourly or project rates, and create a contract that outlines the scope of work, payment terms, and project timelines. Be sure to clearly communicate your terms and expectations to avoid any miscommunication or conflicts.
  6. Deliver high-quality work: Once you start working with clients, focus on delivering high-quality work that meets their needs and expectations. Communicate frequently, ask for feedback, and be willing to make revisions and improvements to your designs.

To start working as a UI/UX freelancer, you need to build a strong portfolio, identify your target clients, establish your brand, network, set your rates, and deliver quality work. Also, with this building a strong portfolio is essential for showcasing your skills in design, user research, usability testing, and other relevant areas. It’s also important to determine your target clients and tailor your portfolio and marketing efforts to their needs. And networking is key to finding new work opportunities, and delivering quality work and excellent customer service will help build a strong reputation and increase referrals.

1 Like