How to setup or conduct the Usability Testing and how to evaluate the results?

Hi Guys,

I am new to UX and trying to learn all the methodologies. I am now learning and want to try the Usability Testing process.

Can you please share your experience or share any steps/process for doing a Usability Testing? And then when you gather all the details from the usability testing, how do you then evaluate the results?

Thanks a lot in advance!

2 Likes

hi @uidesigner_at
when you say “usability test process” what do u mean?
Qualitative test, for instance, interviews (offline and/or online)?
Quantitative test, for instance, like A/B test?
Something else?

In my opinion, as UXs, we don’t have any rabbit in our hat. The right usability test set-up depends on business goals, size of the project, team capacity and etc.

Hi Mandy (@uidesigner_at)
You might find this list of UX techniques useful. Happy to expand on any of them further if necessary, but that’s a good starting point.

3 Likes

Thank you so much HAWK!!! This is exactly I was looking…

1 Like

Hi

I wrote a bit about my experience of setting up a usability testing lab here Internal Usability Testing Labs. Since writing this I have also gained experience in using online usability testing tools too. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Thanks

1 Like

Setting up and conducting usability testing involves several steps. Here’s a general guide to help you get started:

1. Define your objectives
  2. Identify your target audience
  3. Create test scenarios
  4. Prepare the testing environment
  5. Conduct the testing session
  6. Gather feedback and observations
  7. Analyze the results
  8. Generate insights and recommendations
  9. Share the results

Remember, usability testing is an iterative process, and multiple rounds of testing may be necessary to refine your product or website further. Know more