How to include a massive project in your portfolio

Hi everyone,

I have a question about building portfolios. I have four projects that are good candidates for my portfolio, but one of the most important and successful projects that I had to work on was a massive project. It was a complex portal with dozens of sections and tons of features and details in each section (imagine Shopify’s customer portal with all its features).
On the one hand, the project is so massive that I don’t know how to include it in my portfolio, as trying to present even half of its details would make a gigantic case study. On the other hand, I’m afraid including only one section of it would undermine the complexity and impact of the project and oversimplify the task.

So, I was wondering if anyone has any experience/tips/suggestions on how to present big-scale projects in a portfolio.

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Interviewers wont want to know about what features you designed in minutiae. What they will want to know is how did you discover the problems,what challenges did you overcome, maybe a few of the key features and what was the result. Did you record any metrics, do any benchmarking or a summative evaluation?