Trying to estimate how much time will it take to conduct a remote interview with 20 users from scratch (including recruiting, analyzing results, creating presentation)
Can you share please your experience, how many hours do you spend and what is the timeframe?
My estimates for Interview of 20 professionals (Doctors) are:
Stage Time Estimate Time Frame
- Preparatory phase - 4 hours (timeframe 1-4 days)
- Preparing the interview questions, choosing methodology - 5 h (up to 3 days)
- Recruiting respondents using Linkedin/userinterview.com, respondent.io - 5 hours (up to 7 days)
- Conducting Interview/taking notes - 1.5 h per participant (30 min interview, 30-40 min note taking after the interview and transcription from foreign language to English (when needed), 20 min reserve for communication with respondent before or after interview) - 30 h in total (timeframe 7 days)
- Analyzing the research results and creating a report - 1 h per participant (20 h) (7 days)
- Presenting the research findings - 2h
So in total it is 70 hours of work and a timeframe of 30-40 days to deliver final results.