How can I work with Environment & Sustainability Start ups or Non-profits?

Hi UX Masters, I am looking to build a UX Design Portfolio and would love to work with a small start-up or non-profit in the Environment & Sustainability sector, as this is where I really want to put all my efforts into. If any of you lovely people are able to help connect me or direct me on the right path, I would be so happy to hear from you. Thank you and stay safe!

Thanks so much for this, @jdebari. This is super useful and a great platform to lookout for opportunities. I have been looking into non profits, but most of the ones that I come across seem to be well established, maybe there is a slight part of me that feels I might get rejected if i approach more known charities. I’m also trying to find non profits who are just starting up and who may already not have much of an online presence.

Hi @jdebari! Thanks for the encouragement! :blush: and amazing to hear! I will definitely look locally. I love that you volunteer for a food waste organisation, thanks for the tip. Appreciate your support!

1 Like

I’d definitely echo what @jdebari said - just ask! Most nonprofits are happy for any help.

I’d also add that you shouldn’t be worried about getting rejected from more well-known charities. Rejection costs you nothing, apart from the time you spent making the approach. It can be a little disheartening, but in the professional world you will get rejected. It’s just a part of the process, unfortunately - but not one that should limit you in terms of who you reach out to.

2 Likes

Thank you @dougcollins, again great words of encouragement. It will be good training for me in terms of not being afraid of rejection, I may as well try. This has really helped. Thank you!

1 Like

Glad I could help!