Home button vs logo link

This week I started a new job (no, I won’t be leaving you in the lurch, I freelance) and their website is horrific. I feel ok saying that, because they know that it is, and are currently in the process of doing something about it.

I think the thing that bugs me the most though, is that clicking the logo at the top left of the page doesn’t take you back home. For that, you have to click on the Home link. While I know that clicking on the home link to get home should be intuitive, for me it’s not.

Do you think that clicking on the logo has become such innate behaviour that it’s bad UX not to take people home that way?

Yes I think it is- the logo should take people to home. To me the logo - on any website- is my ultimate failsafe if I get stuck. It’s the one thing I can always rely on and it’s such a large area usually so it’s quite forgiving in that I can click anywhere on it and solve my problem :slight_smile:

You know you’re going to become the go-to person for their redesign now, right? :slight_smile: They may even ask you to lead it …

I’ll test it for you! :slight_smile:

Yup logo = home everytime. But at least this one doesn’t take you somewhere else!
p