Hi everyone! I’m back with another UX interview assignment! haha… and I really want this job and only have an evening…
Please, could you give me some upfront advice on strategy, criteria, traps I should avoid or just a tip anywhere your wisdom sees fit or by chance something leaps out at you? …
Not as tricky or convoluted as the last one at least!
Pick a car brand and make a narrow study of their digital offerings and review the experience in order to help you answer these questions.
1. What brand, and what digital offerings do you examine?
2. Find 3 UX decisions/choices on the above that you would have done differently and explain the why and what. Bonus if you choose to do a rough wireframe on at least one of them as part of your explanation.
3. Draw your understanding of where UX fits into the bigger “experience design eco-system” picture. (Nothing high-fidelity, pen on paper is fine).
5. From question 1 choose one item and explain
_ 1. How you’d convince sceptical product owners/management that they should conduct a test of your version to see which version is better;_
_ 2. How you’d test it – method, tools etc._
6. What has been your most compelling digital customer experience and why? How do you think they achieved this? (Note this is related to your answer to question 3).
7. How would you conduct a user test of a new digital feature?
8. What question is missing and should have been asked?