Hello, I am new, I want to start in this career

Hello everybody, I am new to ux/ui design and I want to learn more and start doing my own projects but I need some answers, if you can help me.
● Do you need to know coding when you start ui/ux designing ?
● What will my future clients want from me when I deliver my services ? Jpg psd and PS files?
● Can you provide me with some good tutorials ?
I appreciate each answer and thank you for taking your time to help me :slight_smile:

8 Likes

hi @danilarobert582
as a designer, IMO, we should be very curious about how the sausage gets done.

If I were u I would massively use the forum search tool to have a bunch of information to start with.
There are a lot of discussions around these questions.
Once you will have a better understanding of your needs it will be easier for u to ask precise questions and it will be easier for us trying to support you :wink:

Have a nice day

6 Likes

Hello @danilarobert582

Welcome to the forums!

I was in the same boat a little while back like you, but the wonderful people here helped me get on the right path and I would like to help you do the same!

Start Here before anything else to get a good grasp on things.
Explore this wonderful list for all the training, tutorials, and guides you could possibly ever want.
And finally use this to get a more in depth approach to training and courses offered out there.

Also one last thing, to see the process another person was going through when deciding what to do for training I highly suggest reading this thread. It is jam packed with other useful resource and information.

If you have any additional questions after looking through everything let us know.

Cheers!
Mike

7 Likes

Hi @danilarobert582,

I can feel your eagerness to get into the UX life! It is a really fun and rewarding career and you’ve made a great choice to pursue it :slight_smile:

To try and answer your original questions I think I would have to give a slightly annoying answer and say that you might be asking the wrong questions, or rather, they are valid questions but it may be the wrong time to be asking them.

● Do you need to know coding when you start ui/ux designing?
Coding is definitely not an overall requirement for a UX designer, but some jobs might have specific needs for their designers to code. I would say that you probably don’t have to think about this just yet and wait until you figure out what you want to do exactly or what kind of company you want to work for.

● What will my future clients want from me when I deliver my services ? Jpg psd and PS files?
Again you will find this might be different for different clients and jobs. The last six months in my role I haven’t drawn a single button on a single wireframe, but I have UXer colleagues and friends who do digital wireframing and UI design all day long. Yes, you will use tools/software to work in UX/UI, but it’s usually less about the tools and more about the strategy and thinking in your design. Again I think it’s too early to think about this and would recommend you learn about the philosophy and fundamentals of UX and UI before worrying about PSDs and JPGs :slight_smile:

● Can you provide me with some good tutorials ?
There is a lot of information out there. Rather than sift through small tutorials that will teach you narrow skills, I would strongly recommend that you follow UX Mastery’s tips in that “Start here” video that @CoolMike90 posted above. Personally I think steps 4 and 5 are the ones that most people skip, and I believe are the most important to build your passion, breadth of knowledge, and even just to figure out if UX is the right thing for you.

Step 4: Get connected
Go to meetups and events. Don’t wait until you’re an expert. Go now. Meet people. Ask them about their work. Get a feel for what it will be like to be part of this field and community.

Step 5: Get a mentor
If you have a friend who is already in UX, or maybe someone you meet at an event, ask them if they would have time for you to buy them lunch or coffee every 2 weeks. And just chat about what they are working on, what the challenges are, what they look for when hiring new designers, anything you can think of, whatever is on your mind.

So good luck with getting started :slight_smile: And if you do want to pursue Step 1 from that video and “Get Educated” feel free to check out CareerFoundry’s UX and UI courses (full disclosure - I work for CF).

If you feel like they might be interesting for you, I’m happy to answer an questions about the courses, or just chat more about any other general UX stuff!

Dee

6 Likes

Try this website!
(This was really helpful to me!)
diveinto.global

1 Like

hii
i am a college student wants to start an ux/ui related forum or club in my college am a complete beginner and i dont know a lot about ux design can suggest me some ideas how i should start this club nd what things should i include in this club and how can i implement it .
and can you provide me some resources to.
thank you for taking time to help me and please help me

2 Likes

You probably have the same questions if you’re thinking about entering the field of UX/UI design. The quick response is no. Coding is not necessary for UX design.

2 Likes

Yes, it is true that many UX designers and UI designers (various roles) are not engineers; yet, acquiring “a working knowledge” and comprehending some code is crucial in order to comprehend the limitations of the technology you are creating for.

1 Like

You must comprehend corporate plans, requirements, user objectives to address their issues, and how other products are developed via observation.

As you master the fundamentals of UI/UX Design, such as wireframing, prototyping, generating user journey maps, information architecture, etc., these are the ancillary but crucial skills to pick up.

Now that you understand what I am trying to communicate, let’s move on to the other crucial topics you should study in addition to UI/UX Design.

Prior to UX/UI Design, is there anything I should learn?

Learn and put these abilities into practice as you study UX Design, not before it.

Learn to be aware of your surroundings. This will inspire you to think about how various objects you come into contact with might help you solve an issue. A door with the word “PULL” on it and a handle makes it less unclear to the user whether they should push or pull the door open.

Learn to listen actively. Try to give the other person your complete attention as you listen to what they have to say. You’ll be better able to relate to others and approach challenges from their point of view as a result of this.

Learn how to network. You will become a better designer by getting to know new people, sharing your journey with them, and benefiting from their expertise. Even full- or part-time employment prospects may result from this.

Find out how business operates. Understanding the business is crucial because, as designers, our primary objectives are to create designs that solve user problems and generate revenue for the company. Try to comprehend via competitive analysis how other businesses approach solving the same challenge.

Learn to accept constructive criticism Positively. People will give you negative comments on your designs or ideas for adjustments you should do in the initial iteration to make them better. How you choose to see this scenario is entirely up to you.

Better design results from making more adjustments in response to input.

All of this comes from my end. Gratitude for reading. Don’t forget to upvote if this was helpful to you and added anything to your life. Thank you in advance.

Enjoy your day!

2 Likes

What are the essential skills of a UX designer?

Because UX design is user-centered, it begins with an awareness of the user’s objectives, aspirations, and challenges. After the design team creates a few product prototypes, it is crucial to both identify the product’s pain points and confirm the concepts through user research.

User interviews, contextual inquiries, ethnographic research, competitive analyses, and rigorous user testing are all methods UX designers employ to accomplish this. A UX designer must thus be proficient in a variety of research techniques.

An expert in user interface design, information architecture, layout design, and interaction design is also required of a UX designer. These elements play a role in designing a user interface that both effectively and aesthetically solves the user’s specified pain areas.

2 Likes

Good luck in your endeavors!