Hello from Johannesburg

Hi Guys,

I came into the world of UX around 2 years ago after designing buildings as architect for 15 years or so with two years time out in a restaurant kitchen. Although there is allot of correlation between UX and Architecture its still early days for me and everyday seems to bring new insights and challenges - very exciting and daunting.

There is so much to take in/read/follow that I appreciate all the guidance that I get and could get from the broader UX community. I’m based in Johannesburg, South Africa and am actively seeking connections within the local and broader UX community. Its great to be part of such an active and engaged community.

Jonty

Hi Jonty,
Welcome on board, it’s great to have you here. I’ve moved your post into a thread of it’s own, as it’s definitely deserving. :slight_smile:

I actually started life as an architect also, but I only stuck with it for a couple of years before moving into software development.

Hey Jonty,

Welcome! :slight_smile:

I have an industrial design degree and I’m only 3 years into my UX career and I know what you mean about there being so much to take in! One moment I think I get it and then I go to conference and watch a mind blowing talk that changes everything! Love it!

You’ll like it here- everyone is so supportive and just really nice :slight_smile: