So you’re looking at starting a new career in UX huh? That’s exciting! It’s possibly also a little daunting, but don’t worry – we’re here to help. Our goal at UX Mastery is to support you to reach your UX goals, whatever they may be.
Here are some common questions that have been asked and answered here:
- I’m a complete newbie. Where should I start?
- What are your tips for someone looking to transition from another career?
- What are your top tips for building a great portfolio?
- How can I use a project as a stepping stone to creating a portfolio?
- How much experience do I need before applying for a UX job?
- ‘UX’ seems to cover a lot of different roles. Can someone explain what they are?
- What does a typical UX work environment look like?
- What does a typical day look like in a UX job?
- Do I need to be able to code to become a UXer?
- What training courses would you recommend for someone that wants to get into UX?
- I’m still in school. How can I best prepare for a future career in UX?
If you still have questions, have a read of our Getting Started in UX article and feel free to post as much as you like in this forum (even if it means resurrecting old threads) – we’re happy to help!
You might also find our article UX is a Career interesting. It contains links to a whole lot of really useful resources.