Feedback/advice needed on a graphical element

Hey all,
We’re redesigning our website (in another of my jobs) and I need your input on something please.

http://feverbee.staging.wpengine.com/new-consultancy/community/

These questions relate to the hexagonal shaped element straight under the banner image.

1. What function do you think this element serves?

2. What behaviour did you think was expected of you?

3. Are there elements that you find confusing, distracting, or extraneous?

1. What function do you think this element serves?
    First off I thought it was just informational, but with the movement it is either playful or suggests interactivity. The fact that on hover, the mouse changes and the styling changes, suggests it is a page link - selecting confirms this. (Although it stays styled after selecting and scrolling back up, which is not what I expected and no longer does the jumpy movement)

2. What behaviour did you think was expected of you?
    Due to the interactive element, I felt like I was being suggested different options that I could pick.

3. Are there elements that you find confusing, distracting, or extraneous?
    I think that the graphic itself is a bit big… I get that it is trying to catch your attention straight away, but it feels a bit much. I’m a bit of an explorer, so if I don’t understand something I tend to click on things. I think here for others, it might not be too obvious that they can click to use it to navigate. Potentially if the titles were underlined, it may have given more of a link indication for me.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

I thought it was some sort of navigation thingie. It seemed to work like I expected except there was no link in the middle. (middle could return to the front page for example)

There are some bugs in the mobile site. I’m using the default Android browser:

The red tint is not a bug, it’s for making it easier for my eyes in dark environments.

Ouch! Thanks.