Concept testing

I want to test two concepts. I was thinking I would test the sketches using Guerrilla testing. Then flesh out the winning design using Axure and then usability test it with 10 users. Does that make sense? is there a better way way?

thanks in advance :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi!

Welcome to UXMastery! I’m not a UX person, but it sounds to me like you’re on the right track.

I hope that helps.

Sounds like you are on the right track!

I don’t understand the specifics of the project, but i’ll ask some questions anyway -

1. Why do you want to test it? and what do you want to find out? Helpful to know this upfront (if you don’t already)

2. Guerrilla testing - Who will you test it with? and will you need to think about compensating them for their time/input?

3. Axure testing - how will you source the users for this? and again, do they need compensation for their time/input?

4. Why 10? Neilson Norman wrote a good article explaining the diminishing returns of testing with more than 5 people - https://www.nngroup.com/articles/why-you-only-need-to-test-with-5-users/

Is that something to consider? Is their impact on your resources/budget in this sense?

1. Are you allowing enough time/space to act on your insight within the project timeline (sometimes this gets overlooked)

Hope that helps :grinning:

2 Likes

Yes, this certainly does. Thanks for your time

Thanks