Thanks for offering to help @HAWK!
Well, I’m rebuilding a travel site that is community centered. The greatest value there seems to be the forum, so I’m trying to figure out how we could keep engaging people. Before starting this project my first thought on forums was “Who the hell uses forums!?”, just to find myself amazed by the forum world. (I
The number of involved users on this travel platform is lower and lower. Most of the traffic is produced by people landing on threads from organic search. They take the information they need and leave, treating it a lot like a Q&A site. Therefore, not much content is being produced lately, compared to the great old times. One of the reasons might be that there’s a whole lot of content there and people are overwhelmed.
So, some of the questions I’m asking myself (and now you) are:
- How do you keep the community engaged?
- How do you keep the content/threads up to date?
- What happens to old content?
- How much work comes from your side as a community manager?
- …and What is the meaning of life (on forums)?
Any insights would be much appreciated! Thanks!