Categories assignement based on rules

Hi there
I´m bringing today a tough issue which is causing me a huge headache.
I´m trying to design a solution to assign categories automatically to certain groups of foods.
These categories will be able to make the automatic assignment based on a huge set of available rules, based on parameters from this “foods”.

Based on this statements:

• The main issue starts from the point that more than food can comply with more than one rule.
  • Since the categories will be customized, there is a big possibility that more than one category complies with one food, using different rules
  • I need to solve this potential issue where my “wished” category is more important than all the possible others that comply with the same food.

Hope I was clear enough, it was a bit difficult to explain

Kind regards

2 Likes

Hey there!
Fear not, we can help! We need a bit more information first. Can you give us some context? What is this for? How will the parameters be assigned?

2 Likes

Basically its to list a set of items and categorize them under custom categories. The parameters belongs to these items, and the categories will have rules based on those parameters.

1 Like

Hey there,

Would you be able to give a specific example? Maybe there’s one food item that you’ve got a good plan for?

1 Like

It seems that tags, also called Chips in Material Design would fit your scenario.

3 Likes

Are you saying that food can only have 1 category? I don’t understand. I work better with solid examples.

From a user point of view it is useful for products to belong in a number of categories. For example: I want a tin of baked beans do I look under tinned food or until beans and pulses or in the food cupboard category.

2 Likes

Is it that you want to show a product category on a product detail page?

1 Like