Cake!

We got Chocolate Chili Stout cake at the office last Friday :slight_smile: . First time Iā€™ve ever had beer cake but it was tasty!

Cinnamon is great :slight_smile:

Stout? Isnā€™t that beer? Seems like an odd thing to put in a cake. :slight_smile:

Sorry just fixed my terrible spelling! Yes yes it is, the recipe was in the newspaper or something and she wanted to try it out. Different, but quite tasty (if you like beer).

I should be more careful when I read. I knew what you meant, but the word ā€œbearā€ didnā€™t register the first time I read your post.

That sounds amazing! Iā€™ve had cake with Guinness in before, very rich but super tasty!

1 Like

U should try our polish gingerbread with white icing, they are very delicious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

OMG! as soon as I saw the word ā€œCAKEā€, I WAS IN!! as a kid my favorite cake was Boston Cream Pie (itā€™s really a cake), but NOWā€¦ thereā€™s a place down the street that make BLUE VELVET CAKE, and it is the most delicious thing Iā€™ve ever hadā€¦ Iā€™d happily eat enough to make myself sick every day. Itā€™s a layer cake using a Red Velvet cake recipe, but they put in blue dye instead of redā€¦ then, in between the cake layers they add a LOT of cream cheese frosting and fresh blueberriesā€¦ itā€™s topped off with cream cheese frosting and blue sprinklesā€¦ Yes, it turns you tongue blue.

1 Like

Woah. That does sound amazing!

(As does the polish gingerbread!)

I LOVE blueberries!! :heart: And gingerbread! Especially gingerbread men! But ginger cake tooā€¦ mmm! @social01 is polish gingerbread more cakey or more biscuity?

Although reading about gingerbread and cream cakes when youā€™ve just got into work and realise youā€™ve forgotten your breakfast is hard!! :anguished:

1 Like

In Poland we have gingerbread biscuit and gingerbread cake, you can choose which one do you like the most :wink:

1 Like

Both! ALL THE CAKE!

(I might be hungry :slight_smile: )

How did I miss this thread?! Cake!!!

I will consume almost any cake with chocolate that you offer me. My husband made us chocolate and zucchini cake the other week. It was yummo. Dense but not too heavy, chocolate chunks and moist. Mmmm.

Damn, now I want cake. :cake::cake::cake:

2 Likes

My mum makes muffins with vegetables in, beetroot, courgette, etc, makes them super moist!