Beginner in UI/UX

Hello everyone,

I am very new to this community and to UI/UX. I have recently developed interest in ui/ux and I am confused about where to start.

I am a community manager who has very little Experience in using PS, Illustrator. As a beginner what should I be doing?

Thank you in advance.

6 Likes

Hi, I’m also new to this community :slight_smile: But not to UX, so I can tell you a bit about that. When you’re new to a field (most fields), often the first steps are roughly:

1. Obtain a broad overview of the field and look for good resources, in this case e.g. look up the post “Brand new to UX? Here’s everything you need in one place!” on this community (I’m new here so unable to post a link)
  2. Use those resources to figure out what knowledge gaps you have, follow some specific courses to improve your knowledge, and/or do a general course to understand the UX field. You indicate that you have little experience with Adobe design tools, but those tools are often used in a much later stage of the design process. Maybe check out Google’s UX design certificate.
  3. Learn from others in communities such as this one. There are also communities on Slack, LinkedIn, Reddit, etc.
  4. And in UX design building a portfolio is important. Once you understand the field and have learned a bit about the UX design process look for projects to do some UX work (at your job or volunteering).
10 Likes

I wanted to post same request but reading your response gave me the answers I needed…Thanks so so much. Nice write

4 Likes

Hello Varu,
UX designers to become true professionals should constantly follow up the trends, analyze market players’ decisions.

To stay updated I would recommend joining:

• the relevant Twitter account posting the news and sharing the opinions
  • the forums like UX Mastery to ask the questions that are important for you
  • read blogs of the UX agencies. I read the Eleken blog. Eleken is the UX agency with many useful articles on UX topics:_www.eleken.co/blog-posts/ux-designer-interview-questions
  • watch Youtube channel with the visual part

I would also recommend asking the UX agencies or companies for the test assignment. That is the chance to understand the requirements, the tools, the tasks you will need to satisfy at your future job.

Hope that was helpful. Good Luck!

5 Likes

For all new people. We recommend our blog. I also have some posts about UX. I think they may be useful for beginners.

3 Likes

Great advice above, I would also recommend figuring out whether you want to do UX or UI as the jobs and skillsets are very different. SOme jobs may require both. In my current role I spend 20% of my time talking to users and customers, 60% of my time in Miro, 15% of my time on various other tools and only about 5% (if that) using prototyping software. I don’t even have Photoshop or Illustrator installed.

A UI designer will have a very different life.

4 Likes

Hi, I’ve been studying UX design for 3 months and If I want to share my approach, I started by signing up for diveinto.global website first.
It’s not free but It gives you so many resources and anything you have to know.

3 Likes

Thanks for this interesting information!

2 Likes

“I would also recommend asking the UX agencies or companies for the test assignment. That is the chance to understand the requirements, the tools, the tasks you will need to satisfy at your future job.”

That is really great advice, I never thought of that!

1 Like

In today’s world, there are a plethora of different marketing methods that you can use to generate B2B sales leads. While print ads, TV commercials, and billboards used to be the primary methods of generating leads, you can now try other methods such as SMS marketing, Facebook ads, and TikTok videos. Despite the many changes in marketing, telemarketing remains one of the best ways to generate leads and build relationships with business leaders with folderly.com. Compared to other marketing techniques, B2B telemarketing allows you to build a more personal relationship with potential buyers. In addition to providing valuable information about your company and the products or services that you provide, telemarketing provides an opportunity to ask questions and gather feedback. The conversational setting also enables you to explain complex features to your potential customers. And as a result, you will be able to build stronger relationships and make sales.

Thanks for good information!

just be focus

Hey guys

I’m also interested in UI/UX design and would like to switch my career to it.

I have did some research these days and found a course about that.

Do you guys think it’s useful to study? As it’s not free,(((abt 2000usd)))or I could assess these content from free sources, I.e coursea or YouTube?

Thank you for your advice…

Data Visualization and Information Architecture

• Basics of Information Architecture and Introduction to Information Design
  • Information Research and Data Analysis
  • Data Visualization Principles
  • Design Implementation

Infographic Storytelling

• Infographics, a Visual Explanation
  • Infographic Tools
  • Visual Storytelling
  • Infographic Workshop

Interface Design and User Experience Design

• UX and UI Principles and Methodologies
  • Users and Personas
  • Information Architecture
  • Wiframes and Prototypes
  • User Interface Design Principles
  • Usability and Testing

Hello! Photoshop and Illustrator are good, but web-designers more frequently use Figma (it’s much easier that any Adobe product and very convenient). I think you should follow some designers with style that you like and try to recreate something. There are also a lot of videos on Youtube. I wish you good luck with a new beginning!

1 Like

Thanks for this interesting information !!!

Hello fellow UI/UX designers! :wave:

I have another tip for starting a new web/design project: If you don’t know exactly where to start, you can download a handy template here: http://liip.to/figma (Figma users only). It makes the start much easier by providing everything you need and to think about.

We use this template in our agency and I have been working with it for a while now. It is free to use. Oh… And there is a free webinar on how to build a design library. It’s remote and in English. If you are interested: http://liip.to/PR5

2 Likes

I was about to post the same request, but after reading your response, I have the information I needed. Thank you a ton.

3 Likes

I appreciate you sharing this useful information.

2 Likes

You must comprehend corporate plans, requirements, user objectives to address their issues, and how other products are developed via observation.

As you master the fundamentals of UI/UX Design, such as wireframing, prototyping, generating user journey maps, information architecture, etc., these are the ancillary but crucial skills to pick up.

1 Like

Way to go! Only forward, only victory!