Aligning several products into one single design. HELP

Hello Everyone,

I’ve been assigned to this fun project - I’m supposed to align all of our different products into one design so they all look and feel the same.

• These products differ in many ways: some of them are b2b & b2c, others are for external or internal use only.

• I have only few weeks to finish this project.

How do you go around this? And what approach do you choose? (there is not enough time to create wireframes for every single product, so we are looking for something like a style guide)

Thank you!

uniform colors, typography and possibly header, work on widgets that are similar, make form elements similar, etc

Hi. New here. Any advice on how to approach pixel perfection. My UX suggestions are good at office but somehow I tend to miss very fine details. How can I ensure that there are no problems with my UI. Thanks a tonne!

You should look for some UX laws and design principles on internet. You will slowly than move towards perfection with time.

I’m interested to hear an update on this - we have a similar challenge ahead of us but a larger timescale so would be keen to hear your learnings

I have gone this situation many times, we call this terms as “Unified Design”
First need to come up with a design system for all your products, Figma does a good job in creating design system. Basically common design elements as “components” to reuse in all products
Then create a common “app Shell” this is kind of container for all your products. In my experience, if you have common branding and top, left and bottom panel as same. then it all will fall in one family products.
WhatsApp me 09444074941 for more discussion.

There are four different types of research that can be leveraged in the product development cycle.

Each type of customer research comes with its own set of distinct benefits at specific stages of the cycle:

1. Exploratory research

With varying customer needs that evolve with each passing day, oftentimes product teams can end up with unique problems — as well as the demand to understand the problem first to decide on the best approach with which to move forward.

Such situations require a very quick response and a clear segregation of what is known and what still needs to be learned.

Why do it:

Exploratory customer research helps product teams be aware and mindful of the challenges that a particular industry faces.

Learning from both successful and failed launches can be identified early via exploratory research, which helps build empathy with clients and customers alike. With empathy at the core, a product can be designed well for an organization as well as customers.

When to do it:

Exploratory customer research is done at the very beginning, before the product life cycle is kicked off. This can be when there’s a

• New domain (a new market/customer group sharing a common problem or need that needs to be addressed)
  • New client (with unique business objectives along with new ideas to mature)
  • Pre-sales initiative (by reaching out to an existing client base with ideas to implement with respect to emerging customer needs or technological advancements)

Exploratory research may kick off the following activities:

• Industry benchmarking
  • Competitive analysis
  • Portfolio overview (Internal Competitive analysis)
  • Evaluate across a 2×2 diagram to define maturity and usefulness
  • Stakeholder interviews
1 Like