A little update from Ashlea

Hi Everyone!

I’ve been away for a really long time and I wanted to say hi and jump back into our beautiful community!

Personally, it’s been a really tough year for me. I ended up needing to go on long term leave to take some time out to really focus on my self-care.

I’m doing really well now and two weeks ago I started working for myself! I’m going to be focusing on UX writing and user research and my first gig starts tomorrow.

I’m also writing a book! it’s going to be a more in-depth version of the talk I gave at UX Australia a few months ago.

Looking forward to connecting with you all again! :smiley:

7 Likes

Great to have you back here, Ash! It’s so good to know you’ve got some good things in store, and I’m looking forward to the book. Good on ya. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yay Ash. We’ve missed you around here.

2 Likes

wow! What an exciting gig!
I have the same wish/plan but I have a lot of doubts and I never start…good luck with it!

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been saying it for years but had no idea what it would be on until it hit me one day and I just kind of ran with it :grinning:

Welcome back, Ashlea! Glad to hear things are looking up for you :slight_smile:

You and I are both working on UX books at the moment. If I can help in any way at all, from proofreading on up, please let me know. I’m more than happy to lend a hand however I can.

Good luck with the new gig!

2 Likes

The first step is always the hardest. I’ve been writing professionally for fifteen years, and staring into the Great White Abyss is the most intimidating thing about writing. If I can help you get rolling at all, please reach out. I’m more than happy to do whatever I can!

1 Like

Thanks @dougcollins! You too! Please feel free to reach out if I can help you with yours!

1 Like

thank you @dougcollins :slight_smile:
I will!

2 Likes