A bug on the forum

Hi guys,

I have noticed a really annoying bug on the forum. I am the kind of guy that takes time writing a post.

After a certain amount of time the session of the user is destroyed if there is no activity (thanks god the backup mechanism works).
However the system doesn’t understand that “typing” is part of the activity.

So if I don’t navigate and if am writing a post for a long while, the system destroys my session without considering that I am still there typing.
As a consequence, when you click on “Post reply”, an errors messages appears saying that I am not logged in or the a human verification is needed.

The auto backup is very handy but you may have lost a few lines or corrections in between and of course I have to re-login before to access the backup.

Hope this help.

Hi Charles,
I know… and it’s infuriating isn’t it?
We’ve discussed it at length here and it’s something that I’m trying to get to the bottom of it, but it doesn’t actually happen to me and it’s hard to debug something that you can’t replicate!
vBulletin isn’t our dream platform and we hope to do something about that this year, but until then we’re stuck with it. I’ll let you know if I have any luck.

Sorry I can’t be more helpful at this point.