Which Field is better for Carrier Change UI,UX or User Research

Any one please advise which field is better for a carrier change and more job opportunity - Confused with User reasearch role, UX Designer or UI Designer…?? Any help is appreicated.

1 Like

It really depends on you personal preferences and abilities.

What’s your background?
Why are you thinking about a career change?
What is it that makes you tick?
Why are you considering the UX area (in its broad sense) at all?

Hard to asnwer your question without any background knowledge about you. Also, this community consists of all, UX Designers, UX Researchers, UI Designers, or UI Developers (I guess), so all of them will have a different piece of advice for you.

1 Like

overview article on some of the terms you might hear

3 Likes

What’s your background? Testing and interacting with UX people for User testing.
Why are you thinking about a career change? Current market boom
What is it that makes you tick? Opportunity
Why are you considering the UX area (in its broad sense) at all? It cuts 50% Cost of developers

Then the best advice I can give, read some books on broad UX, talk to UX people and decide on your own :slight_smile:

Many thanks i am on that only currently.

It depends. If you come from a visual design background, then UI designer would be your best choice. Although, the market is looking for designers with the proper design process + years of experience and visual design skills. Ultimately, companies want someone who can start on the first day of work without any trouble.

User research: this role is heavily focused on utilizing the right research methodologies to gather the right information that the team will need to help influence the design decisions.

UX Designer: this role encompasses both research and design responsibilities, but may differ from bigger companies where you may be more focused in one area.

UI Designer: responsible for making the product visually appealing with fun, creative and delightful interactions.

3 Likes

thanks for the kind reply danny.

2 Likes