What do you want to know about content strategy?

Hey all, content strategist here.

I’m looking at putting together an online course in content strategy.

What are some things you’d like to know?

Thanks!

6 Likes

Tweeting this out to our audience for you @melanie_seibert

4 Likes

Great, thank you!

3 Likes

This is a fantastic idea! I finished a UX bootcamp, but my background is actually broadcast television and writing… I’d love to learn how to use a combo of UX design, content creation and content strategy. I know nothing about SEO, so would love info on the basics of it, and then maybe some more indepth classes. I like short learning experiences, and prefer to learn something quickly, then try to use it in exercises… Chris

3 Likes

Thanks Chris! This is super helpful input!

BTW, I did create a free email course that people can take to get started with UX-flavored CS right away. Feel free to check it out and let me know what you think: http://prosekiln.com/courses/become-a-content-strategist/

Thanks a bunch!!

2 Likes

thank you! I’ll check it out!
chris

1 Like

Ah I’d be really keen on this - Content Strategist is my current job title but I do a lot of different jobs within it, and for a really small team. I’m intrigued as to how what I’m doing now would translate into a bigger team.

4 Likes

Thank you! Yes, I think Content Strategy is a pretty big umbrella, and can mean a lot of different things. Usually it seems to depend on the organization!

1 Like

This is an interesting topic and severely underserviced. I recently did a search for content personalization strategy training and I couldn’t find much. There were a number of blogs with some good resources but that doesn’t constitute a course. There are some $2000+ courses but I question the value if they don’t provide any accepted certification or college credits. Having taught Content Strategy courses in colleges and being a Content Strategist, I think this is badly needed. I commend you for taking this on.

1 Like

I am aware that a content strategy aids in prioritizing and defining your marketing objectives. It enables you to organize your work and make sure that every marketing initiative is guided by goals. You can make sure that every effort made by your team yields noticeable benefits by having a written content plan.

If you want to know about SEO you should check out https://dgaps.com It’s a great platform I also wanted some information so I took help from it. It is up to you as you see fit.

[image]