What are you looking forward to in the new year?

Also, do you have any particular goals in mind?

I’m enjoying my classes and this next semester seems to be full of things I’m not familiar with, so I’m really looking forward to learning something new.

I’m planning to keep learning everything I can about UX. I’ll be honest, sometimes the things you talk about go way over my head. So, I’m going to try to get my head up higher. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

On a personal note, I’m going to teach my son to drive so he can get his license. I’m also going to see about getting another Vespa. I sold mine a few years back and I’ve been missing it.

Okay folks, spill your hopes, goals and dreams.

3 Likes

This year (in 3 weeks) I ‘graduate’ from my UX/UI bootcamp and get into the job hunt.

My pursuit is to find a UX job that, if not in the Game Design industry, then it will help me strengthen my skills in Design until I am able to get into that, my aspired area.

Regardless, I hope to be debt free by 2018. No matter what job I get.

(Hm… I have a lot more to think about.)(I haven’t set my year-long goals for 2018 yet.)

-braydn

2 Likes

Oh man, I have way too much going on this year.

• Developing 2 new Skillshare classes (on UX of Accessibility and Ethical Design)
  • Working on my UX book on UX niches
  • Writing various freelance articles
  • Preparing and submitting conference talk proposals

Personally, I’m working hard on getting in-shape ahead of a trip to Hawaii in May. I have come so far, but still have a long ways to go. That’s my big personal project for the next few months!

4 Likes

@BraydnDegraw - Congratulations in advance and good fortune on being debt free!

@dougcollins - Wow! You do have a lot going on! Don’t forget fixing onboarding. No hurry. :wink:

1 Like

It’s a small project. /s

1 Like

Ooooh, big question.

I’ve been battling a thumb injury since last May and I’m biting the bullet and getting reconstructive surgery this year. It’s a 3 month recovery time which means I’ll miss a lot of my work at the gym but I’m looking forward to living without pain again!

Work wise I have a few exciting things coming up. We’re doing a lot of work on our website and this forum in the coming months, and in my primary job I’m looking forward to releasing a few features that I worked on last year,

I have quite a bit of travel coming up, which I’m also looking forward to. A couple of work trips to Melbourne, one to Singapore, one to LA and a family holiday to Fiji.

That’s probably enough…

3 Likes

I feel you there. I have a trigger finger on my left pinky that I’ve been putting off getting evaluated for over a year at this point because I don’t want to have to go through getting it fixed. Good luck on the surgery and recovery!

All amazing destinations! Travel in your neck of the woods is so different from my own. I can only hope that I’ll ever get to Australia, Fiji, and Singapore. They’re all gigantic (and expensive) undertakings for me. I hope you have a blast wherever your travels take you!

2 Likes

Oooooooh!!! When are you coming to LA? Maybe I can save up enough money to come see you.

1 Like

We’re (Discourse) sponsoring CMX Summit this year so I’m planning on coming over for that. It’s not set in stone because the dates aren’t locked in yet, but I’ll keep you in the loop. It’ll likely be September if it happens.

2 Likes