[UPDATED] Feedback on my Wireframes 2.0

I just iterated on the first round of feedback! Check the new link!

It’s me again, this time with something tangible. I need feedback on my current wireframes for the project I am working on.
Again, it is a cinema website that sells movie tickets. I am new at UX, so I am not even sure I am doing anything right, I am just trying things to see if they work and then I learn from the process. So please give me your honest feedback, right here! You will be doing me a huge favor.

Since I seem to have made wireframes for an app rather than a mobile website, just give me feedback as if it is an android app!

http://y3wjx4.axshare.com/overview.html <- Updated, 2.0!

Old version

Version 1: http://d6opvg.axshare.com/overview.html

It is intended as a responsive mobile website.
The size of the screen in the wireframes is 640x360.

Oh. Woops. I honestly thought “anything was possible”, and just went with what I thought was the best solution. Where can I read up on the limitiations of browsers for small devices?

And if we pretend it is an android-based app, can you give me some more feedback? :slight_smile:

Hello, hello!

First of all, I am a UX student (DevMountain newbie) and seeing your presentation document was the first time I’ve seen that concept. Nice job on that!

(Now for the feedback)

In the document, you mentioned a with your animation slides that you wanted your users to see how they are progressing in your app - your animation takes the user’s finished page and send it up ‘past’ the top of the screen and brings up a new page from the bottom of the screen. Two suggestions to enforce that idea:

1. For the user’s first time ordering a ticket, have a tutorial overlay with instructions explaining that a swiping motion is a tool for the user in navigation. For, while an animation such as yours might feel like some ‘natural, obvious, hidden instructor’, some people might not inherently pick that up.
  2. Include a ‘progression map’ visual in your ticket purchase progression sequence. In my mind, this would entail a vertical series of empty circles connected by a line - with a filled circle indicating where the user is in the ticket buying process. This does two important things for you: (1) Give users a view of the finish line and (2) Allow users who have swiped back a map locator at how many swipes it’ll take to get back to the next screen they need to work on.

Good luck on your project!
-braydn

1 Like

Hi Braydn,
very valid observations and thank you for taking the time to look over my project!

I have actually decided against the vertical “progression”, in favor of horizontal “progression”. Instead of trying to be clever, I really want the process to be seamless and require no learning at all. The swipe functions only suppliment the process, there should still be a traditional way to go back and forth in the ticket-ordering process (buttons).

I did actually have this part sketched out on paper, I don’t know how I forgot to include it. You’re right, though! An indicator of progress will give the users immidiate feedback, visualize their goal and reduce uncertainty.

Bump, because the wireframes have now been reworked!
http://y3wjx4.axshare.com/overview.html

2 Likes

At quick glance, the sub-navigation is a bit hidden. I suggest bolstering that a bit with either some additional white space or perhaps a block-level chooser.
Cheers.
JC

2 Likes

Hi jdebari!

Well, yeah, that was my idea when I made this iteration of wireframes.
I wanted to for users to make this choice once, and then have the rest of the experience be tailored to that, specific cinema, under the assumption that most users would choose the cinema closest to them.

It was 7 months ago, though.
I turned it into a case study on my portfolio website. :slight_smile:

2 Likes