PayPal payment method delays on UX Mastery checkout

Thanks to an eagle eyed UX Mastery reader (thanks Samuli!), we’ve realised there is a delay with some of today’s transactions that used PayPal as the payment method.

We wanted to keep you in the loop about why your order might be delayed, and what we’re doing to fix it.

I rang PayPal just a few moments ago to ask them for details. They explained that PayPal is currently experiencing “Transaction Log Issues” across a vast number of transactions, which essentially means that there is a delay in processing payments at both at the buyer’s end and at the merchant’s end. Because of this delay, things aren’t marked as paid, and our automatic emails haven’t been firing email goodness out to you.

[SIZE=18px]Some questions you might be asking:[/SIZE]

[B]What do I need to do?[/B]
If you’ve already received your order safely, you don’t need to do anything.

If you haven’t received your download links and bonus content yet, then it is still delayed (obviously). PayPal will resolve the delay for you, and it may take up to 24 hours. There is nothing you need to do in the meantime.

[B]It’s been more than 24 hours and I haven’t received my links yet…[/B]
First check your spam folder. If it’s not there then please do get in touch with us by emailing support@uxmastery.com so we can help you out according to your specific circumstances.

PayPal also recommends that you contact them and ask about the recent “Transaction Log Issues” to get a status update on the delays for your account. UX Mastery can’t help with that info, sorry!

[B]I tried to order a few times. Do I get a refund?[/B]
Yes, if you’ve placed duplicate orders for the same products, then please email support@uxmastery.com, and we’ll sort out a refund for any overpayments, no worries.

[B]I urgently want the ebook and don’t want to wait.[/B]
Because this issue only affects PayPal transactions you can still check out using your credit card for an instant delivery. We’ll give you a refund for the delayed transactions - just let us know.

[B]Does this PayPal issue only affect UX Mastery?[/B]
Nope! This is affecting a lot of different customers and merchants. PayPal apparently has large scale problems sometimes too!

[SIZE=18px]Let us know if you need help[/SIZE]

We’re so sorry about these delays, but we won’t know you’re having problems unless you tell us, so please feel very welcome to do so.

If there is anything else we can do to help, just let us know - email: support@uxmastery.com, Twitter: @uxmastery

Our latest check-in with PayPal on this issue found that they’ve now corrected the problem, so [B]PayPal has been re-enabled in the UX Mastery checkout[/B].

The problem was apparently caused by a bug introduced in an update made to PayPal’s systems at about noon (AEDT) on Monday. The bug caused the encrypted feeds from financial institutions to be read incorrectly, introducing errors into the transaction log, and large delays to payments being sent and received.

The error was corrected at approximately 7am this morning (AEDT), making it a forty-three hour affected period.

Where it is obvious that UX Mastery customers have made duplicate transactions I’ll issue refunds, but [B]please get in touch if you know this affected you[/B] - I don’t want to miss anyone.

Please let us know if you have any questions - email: support@uxmastery.com, Twitter: @uxmastery