Need 3 Awesome People to Team Up With: IDEO Human-Centered Design Course

UPDATE 9/12/16: i’ve found my team for this round, thank you! this is a great course, tho - please check it out. - mochicreative

Hey there, UX Mastery Community!

I’m hot off the heels of completing General Assembly’s P/T UX Immersive here in San Francisco, and ready to tackle the next project. My goals are to 1) co-create another case study to add to my portfolio; and 2) do a bit of good while I’m at it.

Are there any committed, kickass UX designers (burgeoning or otherwise) that care to join me on this mission? If so, I would love to hear from you - we could create something amazing together…

• “The Course for Human-Centered Design is a seven-week curriculum that will introduce you to the concepts of human-centered design and how this approach can be used to create innovative, effective, and sustainable solutions for social change. This course has been created to reach those who are brand new to human-centered design, so no prior experience required.”

• It’s 7 weeks starting Tuesday, September 6th (yes, tomorrow), although it’s self-paced, so there’s a little bit of wiggle room

• I live in San Francisco, so folks who live on Pacific Standard Time would be ideal. That said, I’m open to other possibilities and timezones.

You can read more about the course here.

1 Like

Hello, there. My name is Agnes, and I am writing from Minneapolis. I am just finishing my coursera specialization in UX, and starting my first paid UX research gig tomorrow. I ca,e across the same course the other day, and I am looking for partners. Please get back to me either way [by private message].

1 Like

hi agnes!

wow, congrats on your accomplishments and your first paid gig!

i went ahead and joined a team here in the bay area late last week, and our first team meeting took place today, so i’m locked in for this round.

two things i’ve learned so far:

i’m realizing that meeting in person for this design exercise makes for a better experience/outcome.

now that the course has begun, you can go to >team in the novo-ed site and post/search for team members closer to you in minneapolis.

would love to see what you end up designing!

1 Like