Job interview workshop

Hi,

I am preparing for an interview for a product designer role with UX as an important aspect of it.

As part of the interview, I have been given the following brief (edited).

You will lead a live working session to map out what we may do to resolve a problem. We will work through your thoughts together on a whiteboard. Please don’t create any detailed outputs ahead of time - we’re really not looking for free work here!

The weakest area of the current Android and iOS apps from a UI/UX perspective is the recipient/redemption experience.
We’d like to redesign the UX/UI in this area, as it is crucial to the whole experience of our product (for both the sender and the recipient) that this is joyful for the recipient.

Your task is to figure out what we can do to craft this experience holistically, starting with a blank canvas.
To simplify the considerations, assume that we are optimising for a recipient that has never heard of ___ before.

This part of the interview lasts for an hour.

I am thinking of doing a customised user journey map and get the whole team (3 people I think) to contribute like you might in a real-world workshop.

Any other suggestions for other UX activities?

2 Likes

Nobody has heard of it as it is new. I agree with defining the user. I’ll have a think overnight before tomorrow.

Wish me luck.

2 Likes