Information that will change our lives!

Where in the world are you?
Vancouver, BC, Canada

What stage of your career are you at?
Started out in web design, but made the switch at my company to UX/ UI about 6 months ago

What are your current challenges?
Figuring out how to lead and incorporate UX processes into my company who has gone on without them for so long especially when I’m learning myself! Baby steps!

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Going from the designing the UI, testing, analyzing, and then making updates based off of that - I’m quickly learning that I love being able to watch people improve using the product. There is so much pride when hard work pays off!

Cats or dogs?
Dog for sure :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @HAWK I always go by the thinking that you only get out of something what you put in :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where in the world are you? Toronto Canada
What stage of your career are you at? Transitioning into UX from a Business Analyst
What are you current challenges? Learning how to sketch and wireframe
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? Love the idea of designing, but also interested in Research
Cats or dogs? dogs preferably, but I don’t hate cats

Welcome Shari-Ann.

These might help:
http://uxmastery.com/store/wireframe-templates-stencils/
http://uxmastery.com/wireframing-for-beginners/

http://uxmastery.com/store/sketching-paper/
http://uxmastery.com/7-resources-to-get-you-sketching-like-da-vinci/

1 Like

• India, Delhi
  • Transition phase from Visual to UX
    What are you current challenges?
  • Jumpstart to a UX project
  • Research
    Cats or dogs?
  • Gold Fish
1 Like

Hi everyone,
I’m Francesca Vonk, Hilversum - The Netherlands

I’m a Freelance UX designer since 2,5 years. Before that, I was a senior UX designer at a software company for almost 6 years.

I’m currently working on a big vessel traffic system for the Dutch waterways. Think; vessel traffic management, lock management, bridge management, everything that comes into play to ensure safe and quick vessel traffic.

A current challenge is trying to work upfront in a very ‘political’ and big (almost) agile environment.

I’m passionate about… I guess… usability testing. Yes, I really like to conduct usability tests.

I’m also a mom of two, (2,5 and 4yrs), married and trying to get back into coding (via codeschool.com). I haven’t been coding for 15 years, but I feel I’m missing out.

Another project is my Robotvilla.com blog where I write about robots, kids and coding because I think learning to code is just as important as learning to read and write nowadays.

Another challenge: There are only 24 hours in a day… HAHAHA! Cheers, you guys!

Oh yeah: Cats

Always cats. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, My name is Yuliya, now I’m live in Russia. I have 5 years of work experience with print and digital technology, work as ui designer and now I want learn ux design because it is important for my job rigth now. I have several projects with ux tasks and I hope find more info here what can help to me.
And… I like dogs

1 Like

Cleveland, Ohio USA
23 years experience from graphic design to web design to developer and now UX Architect
Educating others that my job is more than making color choices and branding
Really getting inside the users heads and coming up with great solutions to meet their needs
Cats or dogs?
DOGS (as long as they are cute and smallish)

1 Like

Hi everyone! Happy to join this community. I am brand new to forums (I’m actually researching them as we speak).

Phisically in Timisoara, Romania / Digitally working around the world.
I’ve been playing around the UX field for over 3 years now.
Coming from a larger design team to a one man show, trying to build up a team and a process.
I love the problem solving. Figuring out who the users are, what they need and finding a solution that works for them.
Cats or dogs?
Woof!

1 Like

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this group and understand that I am to introduce myself :).

Here are the standard answers. I look forward to learning more about each of you too!

DeLand, Florida
Seasoned IT Scrum Master/Portfoliio/Project/Product Manager
Influencing and Ownership, Layering levels of experience in fresh and evolving roles with diverse teams
Build for thoughtful utilization with minimal active participation. When designed for value and intuitive service excellence is demonstrated.
Cats or dogs?
Cats.

1 Like

Welcome @lindajayne, @ioana_a_iordan and @thomas_rivette – great to see you here.

Anything in particular? I work full time as an online community manager so I’m happy to help out if I can.

College Park Maryland
Just starting out with UX. Have been working in Libraries for 3yrs and have started to shift into UX in the library setting.
Mostly I’ve been doing lots of research into UX and reading up on Usability, but am having trouble finding tangible credentials. Have taken a few courses in UX for Libraries through LibraryJuiceAcademy but they are no longer offering their certification in UX. Also, I feel like my coding skills are kinda weak.
What aspect/s of UX are you passionate about?
I think the part I enjoy most is learning why people act in certain ways and trying to use this knowledge build something which gets people what they want in a way that makes sense to them. The best Kudos I can get is hearing somebody say "Oh wow. That was so easy!"
Cats or Dogs
I’m allergic to cats so definitely have to go with dogs. However, I have a husky which is basically a cat that is a dog lol.

2 Likes

Then go for experience.

And welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello there, found this forum and decided to join the community, seems a good place by the first glance!
Anyway, here’s me:

Finland, western part.

Starting, already in a full time job taking care of an online application UI/UX by both designing and developing it.

Definitely the greatest challenge is creating a user interface for a very rich software that has a lot of functions. Its background is in Windows desktop app and now it is going online for browsers.

What aspects of UX are you passionate about?
I’m passionate about psychology and learning human behavior and to take simple biological factors of human body in count when designing the UI and UX. User centered design is the way to do it!

Cats or dogs?
Dogs. Don’t have one but want one.

1 Like

Working on it. This site seems like a great resource with lot’s of resources and stories of other people’s paths. Will see what I can borrow from here and make my own :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Welcome @Juice – I think you might be our first member from Finland!

Lagos, Nigeria

I would say the beginning. I’ve worked as a content writer, copywriter, social media manager and a customer service rep. My university degree is in Psychology. I started out as a UX Researcher about 6 months ago. I’m also learning front-end dev

I’m still trying to find my footing in UX. I have read a lot about UX as a whole and UX research specifically and I am taking a number of online courses. I am not sure if I’m ready to take on a personal project of my own and if I’m well equipped to do so. In sum, learning as much as I can and also doing as much as I can.

I’m most passionate about research and content (probably because of my writing and psychology background).

Cats or dogs?
I’m not a fan of animals.

1 Like

Houston, Texas, USA

I’m interested in transitioning into the field from librarianship. UX librarians also exist, so that’s a potential career path.

My challenges are many, but I’m excited to be on this path. I joined a local UX book club, I just started an EDX course. I recently sat in on some UX testing at my current job. My best friend is a UX researcher and my wife starts her first UX job next Monday. Joining this forum is just one more tiny step.

What aspects of UX are you passionate about?

I have yet to develop a passion, but I think that Information Architecture is most relevant to my existing skills. I also have some front-end dev experience, but my skills are out of date.

Cats or dogs?

I have a black cat named Lucius. I like dogs, but Lucius doesn’t.

Ha. Love it. Welcome to the mad house.

Same goes to you @ltawaq – great to have you here.