Information that will change our lives!

Where in the world are you?
Los Angeles, CA
What stage of your career are you at?
Mid career
What are you current challenges?
Find my UX path and pick a specialty.
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? Human psychology.
Cats or dogs? Cats… or both.

Welcome! What has been your career path to date?

Hello I am Brian from Phoenix Arizona area

New to UX.

Main challenge is getting started. Haven’t totally gotten my head around how to execute UX buy I love what it does.

I think the things I am patient about UX are analyzing all the steps a person will take and figuring out what works best for them. Making them feel smart and empowered.

My background was working with people with special needs, so though I am new to UX I have always had to think things through and adapt things to fit the user.

Cats and dogs and fish, a micro urban zoo.

Thank you! :slight_smile: I have a BA degree in graphic design, so I’ve been doing that for 6 years, and feel it’s time to move on to something more substantial and interesting (to me).

1 Like

Welcome @briandegrandchamp

I’ve just put together this topic, which might help with getting started. :slight_smile:

It sounds like you have done some pretty fulfilling work in your career so far!

1 Like

Hi,

I’m from The Philippines. I am working as a Web/Graphic Designer but new to UX

1 Like

Hello everyone! :slight_smile:
I’m Jessi, and I came across this site while searching for online UX communities. I’m shy to attend networking events face to face, but I feel comfortable writing and contributing online, and this place looks really great and welcoming for that. Thank you so much to the UX Mastery team! I will be exploring and reading all the many interesting articles, and I’m looking forward to talking with everyone!

Vancouver, Canada, originally from Singapore

I’m a student taking Master’s in Digital Media. Before my studies, I worked for four years in a government agency, There, in the first two years, my role was an information analyst. For the next two I was moved to sort of a business analyst role, though it was not officially termed as such. I gathered user requirements, was involved in prototype building, facilitated user tests and user training. Without any formal training myself back then, I kind of used my intuition and fumbled my way through the process of building complex internal systems. The organisation was still stuck in the old-fashioned thought that it didn’t need designers because designers just made things ‘fancy’ and not functional. Boy, after learning about UX, now I realise how much they need UX designers!

What are your current challenges?
Figuring out a career path - I’m not 100% sure I want to be a UX designer yet. I enjoy the processes that I’ve been taught in the program, but I would like to know how it’s really like working in the UX industry before I commit. I also have a wide variety of skills and interests: programming, 2D & UI design, animation, video editing, etc (I’m not an expert at them, but just decently I guess)… I’m still finding my place in the world.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Generating ideas to solve problems, creating a seamless experience to make users’ lives easier.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs, I don’t have a pet though.

You’re so welcome! Thanks for jumping straight in. I hear you on the in-person networking. I’m an extrovert but I do struggle with en masse small talk!

Hi to everyone!

Netherlands

UX Researcher … aspirant UX Designer
Find structure in my learning path / work on some real projects / apply design skills
Research, design - UI
Cats or dogs?
Dogs

1 Like

Originally from Belgium, living in Amsterdam now
6 years of experience in the UX/HCI field, working as a freelance UX designer for 3 years now

• Make the shift to UX strategy
  • Focus more on IoT/ubiquitous computing
  • Start working more remotely/digital nomad
  • Move and work in another country within 2 years
  • Doing research and come up with new concepts and solutions
  • Embedding UX in established processes
  • Evangelizing UX within a company, but also externally
  • UX and shifting input modalities (speech, chatbots, ubiquitous computing,…)
    Cats or dogs?
    I love both, but cats have the edge
1 Like

Hello All,

My name is Jack, I am Marketing Manager of a Full eCommerce Agency. My business has grown since foundation. I hope I will find nice ppl here that can share with me advice and their experience.

Greetings to all,
Jack

Exciting. You should talk with @dean – he has similar aspirations and currently lives on your side of the world.

(p.s. welcome!)

Make sure you join our next Ask the UXperts session.

Hi also to @krishtechnolabs and @lucaterzi88

1 Like

We want you to be part of our team, and that means we need to know what makes you tick.

So…

Hello, i’m from Indonesia
Beginner
To learning how to ui and ux
When the ui and ux fit in with users, i think that is really hard for me
Cats or dogs?
Cats

Welcome! What part of beautiful Indonesia are you from?

I’m from Makassar, South Sulawesi

1 Like

Hi everyone, I would like to introduce @annabelle_andre to the community! She has recently joined our UI team and we are very lucky to have her :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Jacqui! Hi everyone. I’m quite new to UI but definitely excited to get stuck in!

So…

Working in Coventry

Beginner - i’ve come totally left field and was originally in healthcare but was disillusioned by the whole thing and wanted to be more creative

Learning as much as I can about UI/UX and HTML/CSS

User journeys, clean and slick design that is meaningful

Cats or dogs?

I like both, but there’s something about the sassiness of a cat…

1 Like

Where in the world are you? Spain
What stage of your career are you at? Finished a UX Master and currecntly working as UI (hopefully as UX soon)
What are you current challenges? Improve my skills to prepare and test new product that people love.
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? Probably testing and gathering feedback from the users.
Cats or dogs? Dogs

1 Like

Welcome @annabelle_andre and @miramon_borja – great to hear from you both.

And thanks @jacquidow for the intro – you certainly do bring real value to this place and it’s appreciated.

2 Likes

Hi from Hong Kong :slight_smile:
I’m originally from Vienna (Austria)

I’ve been a freelance content strategist/marketer for 5 years now and recently ventured into UX Design via the CareerFoundry online bootcamp. I think content strategy and UX complement each other beautifully and that’s why I wanted to learn more

• How to start working remotely in UX Design. I’m integrating UX techniques in my current projects but I’d love to work in a (global) UX team to continue learning
  • I’m more of research & strategy person really, so I need to ramp up my wireframing and prototyping skills :slight_smile:
  • How to get my personal project (mobile city guide app for parents) funded

Listening to and solving users’ pain points; connecting businesses and clients through valuable content

Cats or dogs?
Dogs!! We adopted our ‘Lizzie’ 6 years ago and it was amazing to see her transform from a shy puppy into a happy four-legged family member

1 Like