Information that will change our lives!

Welcome Jessica – exciting time of transition for you!

I hear you. This is one of the things that I value the most about my job – I work remotely from home which affords me the ability to be hold a full time job as well as a full time parent without having to compromise on either.

Welcome @deb0 and @philippe_harbec

Sounds good to us, Deb.[quote=“deb0, post:124, topic:2229”]
Part of my challenge is feeling old.
[/quote]

That doesn’t need to be a challenge – it means you bring more experience to the table.

Snoop Dogg always counts.

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @sara_allen730! Welcome to the group.

As @HAWK had mentioned, I am an experienced UX Researcher, so I am happy to provide some advice. My background is in psychology, which has been beneficial to know how to design research studies without bias and perform light statistical analysis when appropriate.

There are great online resources too. To get started, especially in research, I highly recommend David Travis’ course on Udemy. He has it on sale right now for $50, but the value of his course is incredible. Here’s the link: http://uxtraining.net/

David is a PhD. Cognitive Psychologist in London who really enjoys giving back to the community. He always answers questions, so he’s a great resource. I still ask the broader community questions when I am facing a challenging research problem.

Again, welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I am so happy to found this community! My name is Alexander, i come from cologne, Germany and i just into eCommerce for 4 Years now. For 1,5 Years i startet in the concept / UI Design and learn all the topics by myself because i didnt studied but did a 3 years job training.

What stage of your career are you at?
Just professional for couple of months. I am good at research, AB Testing, moderate, presentation and Product owner jobs.

What are you current challenges?
Learning Affinity (first time get in touch with design), starting to learn how to create prototyps.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
I love to do the UX Lab for testing new features and see how people react to new prototypes :wink:

Cats or dogs?
Both (But prefer more cats)

Hey Alexander – congrats on the professional gig. Exciting!

1 Like

AWW That is so sweet.

1 Like

It has a lot to do with his outfits. He dressed up as Santa for Xmas and a spider for Halloween.

Where in the world are you?
Down under
6 months in
Starting out with UX
Usability testing
Cats or dogs?
Dogs

1 Like

Location: G’day (ok, it give something of me away already…but can you guess what it is!)

Experienced project and change manager now applying creativity and innovation plus UX design into solutions.

What aspect of UX are you passionate about?
All of it - I love making things that solve problems for people. It’s pretty simple.

My Current Challenges?
Helping others to understand UX, Agile, rapid development and user feedback and how this actually helps to manage risks.

Cats or Dogs?
We have an Aussie miniature Labradoodle and he’s awesome. Other than that I’d really like a Dragon!

1 Like

Ans: Chennai
Ans: UXD Lead
Ans: Visualization
Ans: IA
Cats or dogs?
Ans: dogs

1 Like

@dhanasekaruxd @inabahill and @akanksha_s31 – a huge welcome to all three of you. So great to have you on board.

California
Beginner
What are your current challenges?
Deciding where and how to continue my training
Research
Cats or dogs?
Cats

Hi @suzette_duncan – what training have you done so far and what options are you investigating?
(And welcome!)

Thanks for the welcome.

I’ve done courses on design thinking through the d. school. And taken some Coursera courses on interaction design through Coursera. I’m currently doing Designlab’s Design 101.

1 Like

I’m all the way across the atlantic in Lagos, Nigeria.
I’m not a Nigerian Prince :smiley: but I do hope to become a kick-ass UX Designer.
My current challenge is knowing how best to build a credible portfolio.
I’m really passionate about wireframing, consumer journey design and Hi-fi prototyping
Dogs :smiley: although I don’t own one but I would go for a dog if I ever decided to own a pet.

1 Like

Chicago, IL
My first job in the industry was 3 years ago, so mid level?
Working at a company that doesn’t have a UX/UI team. Trying to expand out to mobile design and more UX/UI or product design roles.
See above. Also, UI design in addition to design thinking. Making things pretty is not the purpose of UI design.
Cats or dogs?
I’m more of a cat person myself, but definitely like me some dogs too.

1 Like

Hey @suzette_duncan !

I’m thinking about doing DesignLab’s UX Academy. What are your thoughts on their courses?
x Thanks!

Hello everyone.

Currently I am in Genk, Belgium. I’ve came here from Poland and I am heading towards Alaska.

I have started quite long time ago, taking different roles in the jobs. Right now I am head designer in brand building company.

Start my own blog, join or create community of design-oriented people.

About discovering “why” aspect.

Cats or dogs?
None of them - allergy :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @designorama

You might find this article useful: http://uxmastery.com/ux-design-bootcamp-review/