Information that will change our lives!

Hi Everyone. My name is Andrew, and I am an entreprenurial designer and also a design evanglist that wants to help teach other designers, liberate them, remove them from limitations, and help them discover their way in the art of UX design.

Where in the world are you?

Vancouver

What stage of your career are you at?

I’ve started my own design consulting, but more importantly, I’m writing a book about design, and the philosophies stem from martial arts. It is my angle and a discovery that I believe has given me profund understanding of design. I’ve also made my own apps and have gone to market with them, and am currently working on some more. This year will be an interesting year for me when I get everything done!

What are you current challenges?

Staying motivated and working hard even though its going to take lots of effort to succeed.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?

The whole thing.

Cats or dogs?

both!

2 Likes

Hearing you!

Great to hear from you Andrew. You sound like a valuable person to have around. :slight_smile:

Hi all

I’d like to introduce a new colleague of mine to the forum - @marielle_hsu! She has recently started working in my team as a Junior UI Designer and I think she will have a lot to input here :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the introduction @jacquidow! And for getting me set up here. :slight_smile:

Coventry, England, after nearly 10 years in San Francisco, CA, USA.

Fairly early? I’ve been doing various tech-type things for a long time, but I am new to the UI/UX label.

Getting settled in my new job!

With a background in science and QA, I’ve found myself drawn to the more analytical aspects of UX - IA, documentation, data validation, error handling, user research…

Armadillos.

1 Like

@marielle_hsu Hey Mari,
Welcome! Glad you managed to get signed up.

Meh – you’ve got @jacquidow – doesn’t get much better than that. :slight_smile:

Thank you for such a huge compliment!!

1 Like

Midwest USA.

I’ve been doing the design thing about 14 years. I’ve been a manager before and it’s very satisfying to help others exceed their own expectations and do well.

What are your current challenges?
Securing usability validation. Designers are not users. It’s too easy to rely on positive feedback alone.

The research side and using design to solve practical human challenges. Making UX about getting results. Problem definition.

Cats or dogs?
Cats are really interesting and hilarious, but I have dogs. They’re unconditional.

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Hi all,

first of all, I am very happy to be here :slight_smile:

Currently, I am in Wiesbaden, Germany. If somebody is from the same corner, I’d love to meet you. If not, I’d still love to - virtually - meet you, of course. :slight_smile:

I have just decided to leave the academic ivory tower and I’m exploring new career paths right now - amongst others, obviously, UX design.

As I have just moved town and as I am exploring new opportunities, my biggest challenge is to find useful information and connect with others, like-minded people.

I see myself as a facilitator and I am passionate about turning unstructured, meaningless data into well presented, useful information, so that people can really benefit from them, e.g. in knowledge transfer or public education.

Definitely cats :blush:

New Delhi, India.

What stage in your career are you at?
Freelance UX & Product designer with a few active clients.

I’m doing UX design for startups in a country where people don’t consider UX research of much importance.

What aspects of UX are passionate about?
make users go “ofcourse!” rather than “wow!”

Cats forever!!!

@junafrey Welcome Julia – and cats, yay!

@himvais Welcome to you too.

Great to have you both on board.

Poznań, Poland
Hmm just quit job and create my own product.
Make my website to convert better so I could afford to keep my team on market…
Make websites better for users needs.
Cats or dogs?
Kids : )

Beautiful and chaotic Mexico City.
I’m a Product Designer, in charge of an small, not less amazing UX/UI team
I’m trying to be a good UX teacher with my team (they are really young and fresh designers, which is cool) at the same time, leading our studio to create/improve more products based in users needs.
What aspect/s of UX are you passionate about?
Documentation and user research.
Cats or dogs?
Dogs, cats, plants I love nature.

1 Like

Yay! Glad you found us Brenda. Welcome.

• I currently live between Louisville, KY and Denver, CO.

• In UX stages, I’m in the beginning. I currently work in academia as a cultural anthropologist.

• Transitioning into a full time UX or Product Design role.

• People. Design. Building things. Collaboration.

Cats or dogs?

• Dogs

London UK

Self employed 10 years undertaking freelance agency work and managing client projects directly. I think I am what they call a unicorn. With a background in graphics and advertising, I started my career as a web designer and developer, then expanded my skills to branding, print design, motion graphics, mobile design, art director. Worked for over a year doing UI for a technology company and was an eye opener after years of short-term projects. Want to do it again permanently. UX refines my skills.

Experience with research methods, and personas, user flows etc and show this in my portfolio

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? user-centred design

Cats or dogs? both

3 Likes

Hey everyone, glad to find this site! My name’s Geoff, I’m 28 and, well…

• I live in the Austin, Texas area.

• I am not in a career. After a long time of being in and out and changing my major, I’m about to finally graduate college with a bachelors in psychology.

• My current challenge is figuring out how I can break into this field given my situation of limited work experience (I’ll make a post about this)

• As a student of psychology, I’m passionate about the user - how they think, behave, and what they want and more importatnly need. The user research aspect is what grabbed my attention when I first heard of UX design.

• I’m an animal person and have both… but if push came to shove, dogs.

1 Like

That’s quite a distance to be going back and forth between!

I know! I’m only going the distance for the next 6 months or so.

1 Like

Welcome @geoffparker1988 – glad you found us too. :slight_smile: