Information that will change our lives!

Sure :slight_smile: I worked as an SEO Content Creator and then Conversion Manager for Landing Pages

1 Like

Oooooh! Be prepared to be bombarded with questions. :wink:

More seriously though, I spent some time working on SEO/CRO projects a year or so back and was fascinated by how closely it aligns with UX in many ways – mostly in terms of processes.

Where in the world are you?
London
What stage of your career are you at?
Moved from being a content designer to user researcher.
My first user researcher contract and working in central government
What are you current challenges?
getting the right contacts, getting helpful people who will let me shadow them
or at least explain in detail how they work
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
user interviews, meeting new people, understanding how they work
Cats or dogs?
Definitely Cats :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Correct!

Welcome Cindy. :slight_smile:

Oman

Head section of digital services

It was a great chance to me last years to have access most recent papers were doing my thesis for master in UK ( involving users in design cycle ). I believe being in a community will help me to be up to date .

Highlight the common issues faces a particular group.
Understand the difficulties faces the project team to UX Methods.
Standards implementation

Cats or dogs?
Hopefully in future

Welcome @said_wahibi – I think I can safely say that you’re our first member from Oman. Awesome!

Switch the counter :wink:

Cheers …

Where in the world are you? North Bethesda, MD or Reston, VA depending on the day.
What stage of your career are you at? I’ve been in the UX field for about four years now. I think I’m slowly clawing my way out of the “fake it until you make it” phase.
What are your current challenges? My team is designing a new product for UX designers and product managers, and finding people to give feedback is surprisingly difficult.
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I love visual design and interaction design, but recognize the importance of usability testing, discovery, etc.
Cats or dogs? DOGS 4 LYFE!

1 Like

Hello, @jaymes_jones1! What can you tell me about the product you’re currently working on? It sounds interesting…

Hi @dougcollins! Thanks for reaching out. The product is for facilitators and team leads, particularly within remote software teams. The idea is to help facilitators avoid unnecessary debates and groupthink during decision making meetings.

We have a design for a landing page that could give you some more information. Disclaimer: The landing page is not live yet, as we’re still in the early stages. https://invis.io/RACWJAONK#/247187283_Landing_Page_-_Standalone

But, if you take a look at that and you’re interested, you can kick the tires on the rest of the product. I’d love to get your feedback.

@jaymes_jones1 it’s a very interesting concept! I’m always happy to give feedback. Feel free to post a link, PM me a link, or shoot me an email at Doug@DenverUXer.com.

1 Like

Hi I’m Libby

Australia’s capital - that would be Canberra
6.5 years in as a Senior UX Consultant, before that technical trainer and front-end developer and art school graduate
Getting my colleagues to understand the value in what we do and working leaner
Anything that puts me in front of the user - I love observations, interviewing, usability testing. I love team ideation sessions and coming up with amazing ideas. I am also secretly fond of wireframing but I don’t get to do it as much as I would like.
Cats or dogs?
I have two cats but also love dogs

Hey Libby,
Glad you’re here. Look forward to learning more about your work.
How did you find us?

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been a fan of UX Mastery blog for as long as I can remember. I even wrote an article for them a few years ago. I find myself as a team of one at the moment and looking to mix with like minded individuals.

1 Like

Perth, Western Australia
I’m a Graphic Designer with about 15 years experience, I’m looking for a career change and everyone keeps talking about UX, so now I’m on a UX adventure, who knows where it will end up! :wink:
Balancing Motherhood and self education
Users! I love that aspect of Graphic Design, problem solving with clients and creating something unique and exciting.
Cats or dogs?
Dogs! :dog2:

3 Likes

Nice! Welcome. :slight_smile:

Where in the world are you? Kirkland, WA, USA
What stage of your career are you at? I am a 3 year content strategist, 5 year UX blog reader, just beginning to look at taking the leap to putting what I have learned into use in a portfolio
What are you current challenges? Managing a side hustle is becoming a process, so I am working on creating a better schedule I can follow.
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I love the interaction design aspect, but also really like the research. Being able to pinpoint people’s problems through interviews, surveys, etc.
Cats or dogs? Can I say both? I grew up with two loving dogs and cats and I couldn’t bear to choose between them!

3 Likes

I hear ya! It takes courage to make the leap though so good on you. Let us know how we can support you.

1 Like

Where in the world are you? Netherlands, Europe
What stage of your career are you at? Just starting off as a freelancer. I mostly do copywriting and online marketing, but I am generally interested in design and UX. I’m currently working on a prototype of a new UX tool with a friend; I’ll probably ask for some feedback later on if people are keen to take a look.
What are you current challenges? I’m interested in many things, which often makes me a jack of all trades and master of none. So that’s a never-ending challenge :slight_smile:
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? It’s a new industry, something I’m not that familiar with yet, so that makes it exciting in itself.
Cats or dogs? dogs.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: I’m building a tool that connects the different aspects of the UX process