Information that will change our lives!

Hi,
I am Russel
Where in the world are you?
Philippines Manila
What stage of your career are you at?
3 years work experience in a recruitment agency, but I’m in the I.T department and we currently developing an interactive recruitment information system.
What are you current challenges?
Deadline on this system, I need a way to fast on developing the system and have a good feedback.
Hard to deploy cause the investor was less knowledge on computer, oldish around 50 plus.
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
I’m new on UX but may mentor said its powerful on our developing system
Cats or dogs?
dogs - :slight_smile: so loyal and playful stress reliever

1 Like

I currently reside in Baltimore, Maryland (USA).

I currently work for the government as a Systems Administrator.

Current challenge I have right now is to find an online UX Bootcamp that won’t conflict with work.

Not sure yet…

I bet that can be interesting at times!

Welcome. :slight_smile:

Dallas, TX, USA

I still feel like a novice; and, I used to do a lot of these things for fun. (Weekend side projects if you will.) I suppose senior when you get down to it.

What are your current challenges?
I became a consultant last year, so every few months, I have to adapt to an all new client and environment. At the moment, it’s developing recommendations for regular user testing.

I love mobile experience; I really enjoy the challenges and rewards. I also love being able to act as a liaison with development and design, having worked in both worlds.

Cats or dogs?
BOTH! I have a dog and 4 cats.

1 Like

Howdy! I’m waving at you from Austin! :wink:

1 Like

New York, NY
Mid-senior
Finding a generalist position with a strong UX/UI component
IA and interaction design
cags

2 Likes

Bangalore, Inda

I have 8+ years of work experience. Was into 3D production as a texturing artist, Worked for a magazine as senior layout artist. Currently into Web designing, UI/UX for the past 4 years.

What are your current challenges?
Learning new UX challenges, implementing UX into Virtual reality and Augmented reality. And learning new user experience techniques.

Its a process where we can experiment new functionalities and solve a user centric problem.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs. Have 2 dogs named Batman & Bumble…

3 Likes

Hi there,

UX in VR/AR is a really exciting area for the future, feel free to share share any posts / links in the forum.

Welcome

Paddy

1 Like

Hello everyone! I was browsing around for an online community that could provide me with some guidance as I move forward, my mind set on a UX career!

• So I’m from the tiny country of Denmark.
  • I’m at the very infant stage of my UX career.
  • My current challenge is trying to smack together a decent portfolio in hopes of getting hired in the near future.
  • I am most interested in the user interaction design aspects of UX, but I hope to also become adapt at creating beautiful things.
  • As for cat v. dog, it depends so much. If I have a lot of time to walk the dog, then dog for sure. If I have less time, cat, but I don’t want the cat to be an indoor-cat, so traffic is also something I take into consideration.
3 Likes

Hi @skodt6!

Welcome aboard. You’re in the right place. Here’s a link to the portfolio tagged threads. There may be useful information for you there.

Also, here’s a good read.

http://uxmastery.com/building-a-ux-portfolio-no-experience/

Let us know if you need help finding anything. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Welcome, @skodt6! How is the UX market for our European friends?

1 Like

Yo @dougcollins, thanks for the welcome. I’m hoping to find out how the market is, but there is no shortage of job postings. Plan to work hard on that portfolio. :wink:

2 Likes

Sure Paddy, Will share articles on VR/AR…

1 Like

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Currently studying A Levels (Sociology, Law, Spanish, PRE - Philosophy Religion and Ethics) I’m really interested in UX design and need some advice on how to get into the field - when I don’t study art!

Getting started

I’m passionate about studying the human interaction with certain products and websites, because it’s interesting how certain layouts can totally change someone’s perception of a company

Cats or dogs?
Can I say both? I used to have a dog.

Any tips on how to start my portfolio? Any free software I could try? Anything would help!
:grinning: :rose:

1 Like

Just saw this - looks really interesting!

Yup – all our portfolio resources are gathered together under the portfolio tag that Piper mentions.
Welcome. :slight_smile:

Paris, France

10+ years experience in UX and usability.

Going freelance in 2 months.

Persuasive design, user researches, ideation, wireframing, card sorting, …

Cats or dogs?
Dags and cots

2 Likes

Where in the world are you? Berlin, Germany
What stage of your career are you at? 3+ years of experience, 1 year in UX
What are you current challenges? Building a portfolio
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? User research and testing!
Cats or dogs? Both, I love all animals :slight_smile:

1 Like

@wereonika - Welcome!

If I may ask, what are your other two years of experience?