Thank you, Hawk! =)
I don't have much experience in the job market for designers, but recently, there was an UX Conference here and there was a very interesting presentation by Ana Coli about it.
Here's the link (in portuguese - BR): https://www.slideshare.net/AnaColi1/panorama-do-mercado-de-ux-no-brasil-76228572
There was a research which had 472 responses.
- 60% of the respondents were male and 40% were female
- 37% os designers are working at big companies, 24% at agencies and 15% at startups.
- 54% percent are located at São Paulo
- The most common name of job position here is "UX Designer", but other names are also used, such as "Interaction Designer" , "Information Architect", "Usability Analyst".
- The adoption of Design Sprint is growing fast here in Brazil
- The range of salary is between $4001 BRL and $7000 BRL
Still, there are companies that don't see the benefits of having an UX team, but at the moment that they see that a startup that has the team made a huge breakthrough, big companies start to think about having an UX team for innovation.
And you? Where are you from and how is the job market for designer there? =)