Information that will change our lives!

Thanks for the welcome. I’ve been a fan of UX Mastery blog for as long as I can remember. I even wrote an article for them a few years ago. I find myself as a team of one at the moment and looking to mix with like minded individuals.

1 Like

Where in the world are you?
Perth, Western Australia
What stage of your career are you at?
I’m a Graphic Designer with about 15 years experience, I’m looking for a career change and everyone keeps talking about UX, so now I’m on a UX adventure, who knows where it will end up! :wink:
What are you current challenges?
Balancing Motherhood and self education
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Users! I love that aspect of Graphic Design, problem solving with clients and creating something unique and exciting.
Cats or dogs?
Dogs! :dog2:

3 Likes

Nice! Welcome. :slight_smile:

Where in the world are you? Kirkland, WA, USA
What stage of your career are you at? I am a 3 year content strategist, 5 year UX blog reader, just beginning to look at taking the leap to putting what I have learned into use in a portfolio
What are you current challenges? Managing a side hustle is becoming a process, so I am working on creating a better schedule I can follow.
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? I love the interaction design aspect, but also really like the research. Being able to pinpoint people’s problems through interviews, surveys, etc.
Cats or dogs? Can I say both? I grew up with two loving dogs and cats and I couldn’t bear to choose between them!

3 Likes

I hear ya! It takes courage to make the leap though so good on you. Let us know how we can support you.

1 Like

Where in the world are you? Netherlands, Europe
What stage of your career are you at? Just starting off as a freelancer. I mostly do copywriting and online marketing, but I am generally interested in design and UX. I’m currently working on a prototype of a new UX tool with a friend; I’ll probably ask for some feedback later on if people are keen to take a look.
What are you current challenges? I’m interested in many things, which often makes me a jack of all trades and master of none. So that’s a never-ending challenge :slight_smile:
What aspect/s of UX are passionate about? It’s a new industry, something I’m not that familiar with yet, so that makes it exciting in itself.
Cats or dogs? dogs.

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: I’m building a tool that connects the different aspects of the UX process

Hi everyone I’m glad I found this place, which already made my rainy Monday morning a bit more fun :slight_smile:

Stuttgart in southern Germany. Home of Brands like Porsche, Mercedes and our very own Diesel-Scandal

I was freelancing for almost 10 years and just took on a new (fulltime) challenge with one of Germanys bigger Energy-Providers as a Sr. Mgr. UX. (They love their abbreviations ;))

Opening/Changing Minds and Century-old-Workflows

The human part. Especially the “Oh my god, this is so much fun and makes total sense”-Part

Cats or dogs?
Definitely Dogs! Although, and I’m quoting Keanu Reeves here: “Cats are Good. Half in, half out anyway.”

PS: I’m really liking this Markup and Preview Comments-Thingie!

Welcome! Congrats on the new job. Exciting!

Sweet! Always open to feedback (both good and bad) about this product (Discourse) – I work on the team that builds it.

1 Like

Congratulations on the new job! How’s it going so far?

Thanks Doug, it’s going really great, depending on your point of view :wink: No, really, it’s a lot of fun. The internal processes are sometimes a bit overwhelming and hard to comprehend but most of my colleagues really do want things to change and therefore are very cooperative. Long story short: Heaps of work but lots of potential quick-wins to get the spirits going. The best part: The Management has our back :slight_smile:

1 Like

TBH that sounds pretty bloody great!

1 Like

Welcome everyone!

1 Like
  1. The White Mountains of Arizona. Lakeside, AZ
  2. 6 Month’s into my dedication to a freelance career. I’ve practiced HTML for nearly 20 years off and on. Jack of all trades, a master of none…yet!
  3. Hard time finding work, good learning material, collaborative, and ways to practice my skills.
  4. Witeframing and Prototyping websites. The process of UX is extremely effective. I’m relatively new to the concept but definitely my new obsession :wink:
  5. Dog. I just was given a dog that I’ve wanted for a long time. Dog’s improve our quality of life.

I’m looking for work.

1 Like

@davidmcneal28 - It’s fantastic to have you here. :slight_smile:

Northwest Arkansas
I just broke into the big house of UX for enterprise
Maybe finding a mentor and defining my processes
Research, Wireframing, and Prototyping
Cats or dogs?
Dogs

1 Like

@ellis - Welcome!

Forgive me but, what is the big house of UX?

Sydney, Australia
3rd year, in house
Research
All of it I guess - just want to make things way better than what they are :slight_smile:
Cats or dogs?
Dogs rule.

2 Likes

I love cats, but I’ve been missing my dog lately. So I’m with you.

Welcome!

@Piper_Wilson - Oh, I am working for a national retailer on a enterprise level product. It’s the big house for me. It should provide me with some really good work experience.

2 Likes