Information that will change our lives!

Welcome!!
This is something that I have also experienced, and it can be very difficult to overcome. Looking forward to hearing how you deal with it :slight_smile:

Where in the world are you?
Africa, NIgeria

What stage of your career are you at?
Starter

What are you current challenges?
Job Opportunities

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Using a platform without a need to ask any thing or get confused

Cats or dogs?
Dog

4 Likes

I know exactly what you mean but, remember that you should always keep learning which means questions never stop, they just change.

Welcome!

1 Like

Boise, ID (USA)

I graduated with a BS in CIT one year ago. I now work for local government as a web developer.

I inherited a website built in an unfriendly and unpredictable CMS. I’m rebuilding the site outside of the CMS, and it needs a ton of work, much of which I have to delay while I set up editing workflows for nontechnical users.

I care a lot about navigation, information architecture, and accessibility.

Cats or dogs?
I like dogs better, but I have a cat. She is 10 years old, very grumpy, and a lot easier to care for than a dog.

4 Likes

“… and in my spare time, I’m promoting world peace by giving everyone a puppy!”

You don’t sound busy at all. No Sirree-Bob. :wink:

Welcome to the crew.

1 Like

Hi @maggie_vaughan – I hear you!

This topic has some valuable info and further resources.

Wow! This is great info!! Nice and bite-sized, so I can get started!

1 Like

Toronto Canada
Senior – that is all I will say!
Stupid People
Sounds like cheese, but I love creating efficient and clean UX, almost more so than the UI design
Cats or dogs?
Dogs, but cats a very close second

1 Like

Love it (but your bio says WAY more). Welcome Matt. Glad you’re here.

Hahahah yeah I guess the year of birth doesn’t help!

1 Like

Made me laugh though.
You can change your username if you like, but FWIW I’m a 70s child too.

@mattswitch1971 & @HAWK - y’all are youngins

1 Like

Hello everyone!

Sorry for the late introduction.

I’m from Brazil. São Paulo.

I studied Graphic Design for 1 year and I was looking for a career that could mix Design and IT, so I found UX.
Currently, I’m unemployed. I’m studying UX and Service Design in order to get a job. I already worked as System Analyst, but I intend to work as UX Designer or Service Designer, because I like to talk to people, help them solve their problems and bring them more options.

My current challenges are get enough knowledge and experience in order to get an entry level job in UX.

See people happy because you and your team were able to help them solve their problems and made their lives better. Even if it was just a little bit.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs! =)

Nice to meet you all! I hope that I can bring good stuff here to all!

Thank you!

Kind regards,

3 Likes

Welcome @brunokatekawa – great to hear from you.
What is the job market like for designers in Brazil?

Hi All

I’m from Pune, India

starting my career with Graphic design and now i am working as Product development designer

multiple users thoughts on same design updating with traditional to advance patterns

to convey user for their next move

Cats or dogs?
Dogs

it’s very nice to meet you here

Best Regards
Vinayak Kulkarni

3 Likes

Hi Vinayak,

Welcome!

That sounds frustrating. Would you tell us more? Folks may have some good ideas for you.

Again, welcome to the community.

Peace,
Piper

1 Like

Thank you, Hawk! =)

I don’t have much experience in the job market for designers, but recently, there was an UX Conference here and there was a very interesting presentation by Ana Coli about it.

Here’s the link (in portuguese - BR): https://www.slideshare.net/AnaColi1/panorama-do-mercado-de-ux-no-brasil-76228572

There was a research which had 472 responses.

In summary,

• 60% of the respondents were male and 40% were female
  • 37% os designers are working at big companies, 24% at agencies and 15% at startups.
  • 54% percent are located at São Paulo
  • The most common name of job position here is “UX Designer”, but other names are also used, such as “Interaction Designer” , “Information Architect”, “Usability Analyst”.
  • The adoption of Design Sprint is growing fast here in Brazil
  • The range of salary is between $4001 BRL and $7000 BRL

Still, there are companies that don’t see the benefits of having an UX team, but at the moment that they see that a startup that has the team made a huge breakthrough, big companies start to think about having an UX team for innovation.

Also, there are companies that inflate the job description for an UX Designer position, they also require HTML/CSS/JavaScript knowledge and +3 to +5 years of experience in UX. So, there aren’t many entry level or internship for UX design which is sad.

And you? Where are you from and how is the job market for designer there? =)

Kind regards,

2 Likes

I’m from NZ. The market here is healthy, although I haven’t been a designer or a developer for years now. These days I’m an online community consultant, and the market is dire. Luckily I work 100% remotely for organisations in other parts of the world. :slight_smile:

Hello everyone! My name is Danny

• I currently live in Brooklyn.

• I recently left my business development career because I was really unsatisfied with the work I was doing. Now I am helping my friends build up their new restaurant while I figure out what really interests me and what I want to do. Until recently, I discovered UX and I am fascinated by it.

• Figuring out how to get started in the UX industry. I plan on taking a bootcamp this upcoming fall after I familiarize myself with as much UX material as I can.

• I am really interested in the creative and psychological elements to this field. I love how the work requires you to figure out how to create the best experience possible for the customer/audience. It is something I’ve always loved doing in my previous jobs.

Cats or dogs?

• Dogs all the way!
3 Likes

Hey all,

The book club kicked me over the edge of joining - so hello!

• I’m based between Denver, CO & Raleigh/Durham, NC.
• I’ve been in marketing, data science and web design for a decade but never called it UX. I’m now working on learning from start to finish of the process.
• Passion - optimization, testing and tying user needs with business goals
• Dogs

3 Likes