Information that will change our lives!

• Where in the world are you?
  • I am located in Mumbai, India currently.
  • What stage of your career are you at?
  • I am working as an IT professional in a MNC, fresh out of college.
  • What are you current challenges?
  • Won’t call them challenges. Currently trying to get a hang of UX jargon, trying to find good resources, following people doing some good work(according to my inexperienced eye ;)). All in all, exploring UX as a community and market.
  • What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
  • Right now, pretty much EVERYTHING! Right from Visuals to downright the Front-end coding. It all is capturing my imagination right now.

• Cats or Dogs?

• Definitely Dog, though won’t have it as a pet! Scared!:blush:

Hey @ankita_251995 – great to hear from you. :slight_smile:

This might help! UX Glossary

1 Like

Hi everyone,

I am brand new to UX Design! I’m ready to explore and see where this interest takes me. Seems like a fascinating field.

Where in the world are you?
Australia!

What stage of your career are you at?
Just finished my degree in Psychology. Taking a year break to work then going back next year to complete my honours in Human Factors. During this year I am hoping to explore HF and UX Design specifically.

What are you current challenges?
Currently deciding what I need to learn to get started in this career. Also, making an informed choice as to whether this is indeed the career I want to pursue.

What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
Usability testing
Research
Other topics are yet to be explored.

Coming from a background in Architecture and Psychology my interest has always been in exploring and applying how people interact with and are affected by environments - physical and virtual.

Cats or dogs?
Dogs, definitely dogs. We have 3 dashunds that melt my heart and any dog is a friend. Best quote: "the great thing about dogs is you can act like something really great just happened and they’ll start celebrating with you. They have no idea what the context is… they’re just always ready to party."
Although, my family has 2 abyssinian/somali cats that are too darn cute - never known other cats to be like that.

Welcome @brittany_anne_lock – what part of Australia are you in?

1 Like

Hi Sarah @HAWK

I live in Perth, Western Australia :slight_smile:

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: UX in Italy

A post was split to a new topic: Community questions

Ha! Good on you Julia. :slight_smile:

San Francisco, producer with 2 decades experience working in UX, challenged to figure out what’s the most important thing to do next, passionate about accessibility and any kind of cross-functional tools that enable and streamline the discovery to design to prototype to dev process. I love both cats and dogs - i live with 2 cats but volunteer as a dog walker at the local animal shelter a few hours a week.

3 Likes

Hello from Canberra! :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome Mindy.

Fantastic – accessibility and inclusivity is our theme for the month. Do you have any favourite blogs/resources?

1 Like

Welcome!!! this is a great community…

1 Like

Hi everyone :blush: Glad to be part of this great community.

• Where in the world are you?
    I’m from Iasi, Romania.

• What stage of your career are you at?
    I have 1 year and 4 months working experience as a Graphic/UI Designer at a web development company, looking to learn more UX-related stuff.

• What are you current challenges?
    Too little time, too much to cover, UX learning-wise.

• What aspect/s of UX are passionate about?
    I am really interested in the accessibility part and also in usability testing.

• Cats or dogs?
    Both, but especially cats :smiley:

1 Like

Hi Danny,

Just did quick search to see any community members in Ireland, welcome to UXmastery tis a great resource. I’m based in Galway, been doing UX on the side for a while now, along with my regular.

I hear you about clients not always intersted in the user needs.

All the best, Paddy

Welcome! :slight_smile:

You should connect with @madzlut – Mindy is also new to our community but has loads of UX experience and is passionate about accessibility.

Unrelated – there are people from so many cool countries here now. Shall we start a topic for posting a photo of where people are from?

Welcome to life in the tech world :slight_smile:

And more importantly, welcome to UXMastery!

2 Likes

Hi Hawk, others - Happy to be here, thanks for the warm welcome. For
accessibility resources, I love the a11y sections in the Microsoft and BBB
GEL design system sites. Smashing also has great coverage on accessibility-
their book on inclusive design is excellent.

2 Likes

Accessibility was a big focus at the Smashing Conference in San Francisco this year. For something that doesn’t get a lot of attention from different circles, it was nice to see web professionals come together and give some great talks about it.

1 Like

Excited to be here!

I’m in Austin, TX. I’ve been designing for 17 years, and began moving more into UX 10 years ago because I really love understanding people and making something that is useful and enjoyable for them.

1 Like

Hey Wendy, cool to hear from you. Are you working in an agency or a larger organisation?