I'm baa-aaack

I’ve been away for a while, meeting my Discourse colleagues in real life. We went to India. It was an absolutely magic experience – both the country (we were in Jodhpur) and meeting my workmates in the flesh for the first time. We’re a fully dispersed remote team from 11 different countries.

Here are a few photos that I took.

What have you guys been up to?

4 Likes

Welcome back!

Wow, that looks like an amazing time! India has always been fascinating to me. What was your favorite part?

My wife, son and I went into the Colorado mountains to enjoy the golden aspen this past weekend. We ended up at a Scout Camp that I went to when I was a kid, and they allowed us to wander around a bit. It was a beautiful drive, and it brought back so many memories.

Yaaa-aaay! For both of you.

@dougcollins - Your son and your wife are beautiful.

1 Like

I am a very, very lucky man. Henry is such a good kid, and a man couldn’t have a more amazing wife :slight_smile:

What have you been up to lately, @Piper_Wilson?

Nothing as exciting as y’all. I went to see a movie with my kids on Saturday. Does that count as exciting? :wink:

I’ve been concentrating on school again. This semester I’m taking classes in Photoshop, technical editing, and WordPress.

Speaking of Photoshop, do you happen to have any favorite tutorial sites? I imagine that you don’t need one, but I thought I’d ask.

2 Likes

Oh I still love goofing off with Photoshop tutorials whenever I get a chance! I always learn something new, and I enjoy using what I learn to make new desktop wallpapers.

If I’m looking for something specific, I’ll google it and see what comes up. More often than not, though, I end up at tutsplus. It’s definitely my go-to.

The WordPress class sounds interesting. I wonder how deep they go. I’ve been using and modifying WordPress for years, but I’ve never gotten granular enough to build my own themes and add-ons.

3 Likes

Ziplining over the ancient fort!

Your pics are gorgeous!

1 Like

Wow, that looks amazing! Your pics are great as well :slight_smile:

1 Like