I'd like to change our behaviour and I have a challenge for you

I’ve been noticing something here lately. The vast majority of posts are from new people that are signing up with questions about getting started in UX. We answer their questions and then they disappear, never to be seen again. There’s nothing wrong with that, we’re here to try and help people, but it doesn’t actually serve the wider community. Those of you that have been in this game for a while and want to have interesting discussions that challenge you aren’t getting the opportunity to do so.

And I’d like to change that, so I have a challenge for you.
I challenge you all over the next month to start a new discussion that gets us thinking and sharing. It doesn’t have to be an advanced topic, but let’s start to share ideas and get inspired. Communities are about learning from and stimulating each other, not just about fighting fires.

So… what are you waiting for?

Great idea, Hawk. I’d love to participate in some discussions that get us thinking and sharing.

We have a pretty powerful community here—by building ongoing friendships with a bit of give and take we’ll all benefit massively.

I’m off to start seeding some more advanced conversations about fascinating things! Start your own posts or chip in to others if you have things that will get us thinking and sharing.

Hi nice one,

How about this to get going, something we can all have a 2 cent on.

[B]“Pointing out usability issues on websites/products”[/B]

We all do this you get on a website and something usability related is just BAD, what do you do? How you you approach them? Twitter?, Email them? Move on?

Paddy

That’s a good one for discussion, @Paddy—Open up a new topic for it and I’ll join in!