Google's HEART Framework? Developing OKRs for UX

Does anyone have any have any experience with the HEART framework?

My company works with a quarterly OKR system. I have found it difficult to create metrics for experience based goals. Espacially because my position is much more about research then design.

The Heart framework looks like a good method to try, and I am giving it a shot. I was curious if any other professionals use this and how it is working for you.

Thanks!

Hey @sam_alaimo – one of our Twitter community has experience with HEART.
I’ll see if I can lure her in to this discussion. :slight_smile:

Hey @sam_alaimo – I finally heard back from the Twitter person mentioned above. She can’t be bothered creating an account unfortunately, but she said that you’re welcome to hit her up over Twitter to talk further. She’s @mands_nz

@sam_alaimo I’ve worked on monthly and quarterly OKR’s with UX teams. Working on the 70% attainment goal throughout your sub-goals can be tough when you only have a few data driven or trackable in-product events or interactions. The Heart Framework does a good job of breaking out Signals and Goals and looks pretty cool (glad you mentioned it!)

If you don’t have a way to quantify your goals - then make one!

What you might try is a quarterly survey (maybe use Typeform) to the segment of users that have been a part of new tests, sometimes just straight up asking “how it was” will get you the best kind of answers and information that you can’t get staring at a screen full of analytics. If you’re using intercom you could also hit active users in this segment and display the thumbs up / thumbs down option they provide.