Degree options?

Hello everyone!
So I’m new to this whole UX design thing but it has really peaked my interest. It’s been awhile since I have been so excited about something and I have jumped right in over the last few weeks taking many online tutorials and classes over at Lynda.com. Now, I’m just looking for the next step. Currently I work at Boeing full-time but it was never the job I had dreamed about. I guess the only good thing about it right now is that they are willing to pay for my schooling if I choose to go back. I was just wondering what all of you seasoned professionals believe would be the best undergraduate degree for me to go after to start my career in UX design? I’m not new to college, I was going for a degree in Biology with my sights set on medical school but after my daughter was born I had to put my education on hold and sadly, that option is now out of reach. However, I have always been interested in this field and after finding UX design and digging into it a little more, I feel like I have really found what I have been searching for. I have seen many degree options, but I would like your advice. Once again, I do work full-time and my wife works full-time as well and we have a 4 year old daughter, so I’m a pretty busy guy already but I’m willing to put in the work to get to where I want to be. If there are any online options that would be great but I’m just looking for a general idea on what would be the best route for me to take to really get this going and not waste any time!

Hope to hear back from you all!
Thanks,

Tyler

Hey Tyler,
Welcome! You might find this topic helpful. It’s current (from last month) and outlines quite a few options/opinions.

Have a read and come back with further questions if you have any. :slight_smile: