Daily UI Output

I got myself set up on the Daily UI list to see if I can knock the rust off and get myself in a good mindset to get a UX role. I’m a bit behind but I finally put in the first two days entries. I figured I’d share them here to get some feedback and maybe learn a bit more about the process.

Any feedback is welcome!

Daily UI #001: Sign-Up Form

Hint: Design a sign up page, modal, form, app screen, etc. (It’s up to you!)
Fairly simple tasker here and without any users to speak of I went right into it. Pardon what I’m sure is terrible German, I’m trying to learn and thought I ought to take a crack at it. My thought here was to make a combination sign-up/login that used the email as a user name. From here an existing user would be asked for a password and a new user would be sent a confirmation link before a final step where they create a password.

Daily UI #002: Credit Card Checkout

Hint: Design a credit card checkout form or page. Don’t forget the important elements such as the numbers, dates, security numbers, etc. (It’s up to you!)

I went a little abstract here. I wanted to combine the ‘help image’ that we usually have to help users find the numbers they’re supposed to input with the input fields themselves. I’m not sure how well this would work in practice and I’d likely need more development before it would even be a good test. I left off the credit card company logo for now but I think I could have it fade in to the right of the name and expiration once the user entered their card number. I’d have to give some thought to how that would work with accessibility.

1 Like

I love where you’re going with this!
I wonder if it would be more intuitive if you had a clear form field overlaid on the number/date etc so that the design elements still exist but the CTA is more obvious.

2 Likes

I really like your credit card layout-- to put it plainly, it just makes sense. Kudos indeed!

2 Likes

Considering the first two only took 30 mins each you’d think I’d have a lot more Daily UI stuff done. No such luck though.

At least I got started on the design for my personal site. This is the first time I’ve made the effort to write stuff out before going straight to Illustrator.

1 Like

Really not getting the daily part of this BUT, here’s Daily UI Challenge #3

The prompt was to design the landing page of a website, above the fold. I’ve been wanting to redesign the site at work for ages so I decided to do a theoretical re-design. I’m also using this as a portfolio to show an interested employer so I’m trying to do as much of the process as I can. I’m going to talk about the research we would be doing if it were an actual project but otherwise I’m going from sketch to final HTML hopefully.

1 Like

“Charge my card” doesn`t seem as a very encouraging Call to action.

Interesting approach with the on-screen card though.

2 Likes